As the Operations Manager at Doves Holdings, your primary responsibility is to generate and maintain maximum business volumes and related revenues, aligning with the organization's agreed short and long-term objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Daily Operations Management: Oversee the overall daily operations of the organization, whether remotely or onsite. Conduct weekly staff and management meetings on Team for remote management from HQ.
2. Personnel Management: Manage the recruitment and supervision of all branch personnel.
3. Loans Approval and Committee Oversight: Oversee the approval of all loans exceeding limits given to managers as part of the Loans Committee (LC).
4. Capacity Building: Design and implement Capacity Building Plans and materials for the training and development of staff members.
5. Delinquency & Risk Management: Supervise collections and loan appraisal processes undertaken by branch and satellite staff. Receive updates on the action taken on all loans in arrears during weekly meetings and provide directives to staff regarding next steps.
6. Market and Product Research: Support market and product research and analysis, collaborating with the Managing Director. Periodically update the competitor’s analysis tool on all competitors and their offerings. Analyze trends and performance of current products to evaluate portfolio risks and profitability. Review local market conditions to identify avenues for growth and potential expansion.
7. Business Development Strategies: Develop Business Development Strategies to guide the organization in achieving sustainability and goals. Ensure branch staff meets established performance targets.
8. Marketing and Alliances: Develop and execute marketing strategies. Create alliances to enhance business development in collaboration with the Marketing Officer.
9. Policy and Procedure Development: Contribute to the development of policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum requirement: Banking and Finance degree. -10 years of experience at mid-level management in the banking sector. -Proven ability to develop new business opportunities and lead the growth process. -Effective management of the loan portfolio, maintaining an acceptable/minimum level of risk (PAR 30 at 5%). -Develop and implement measures to ensure customer service is consistent with standards.