In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Regional Missions Director
African Enterprise Southern Africa Region (AESAR) is an indigenous interdenominational, multicultural and Christian mission ministry committed to evangelizing the cities of Africa through word and deed in partnership with the Church. The region currently covers Zambia, Malawi and Zimbabwe with her headquarters in Lusaka, Zambia. AESAR is seeking to fill the Regional Missions Director position to be based at Harare, Zimbabwe and reporting to the Regional Team Leader based at Lusaka, Zambia.
The role of the Regional Missions Director is:
1) To work with AESAR Regional Team Leader in all Mission related activities and as may be required from time to time.
2) To Provide the overall leadership and management for all AESAR Regional Missions to major cities in Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi.
3) To provide strategies, missions design & development to ensure that AESAR can provide the best possible evangelistic & discipleship services to the whole church in the region.
4) To implement AESAR mission policy and practices in a manner consistent with the Strategic Plan, calling and Goals of African Enterprise (AE) and AESAR.
5) To lead the AESAR programs in Zimbabwe.
1. Keeps the AE calling and mission focus paramount in the region.
2. Chairs and leads regional missions and oversight of all regional mission teams.
3. Uses and Promotes Stratified Evangelism Model in all AE Missions as well outside AE missions
4. Ensures effective Evangelism & Missions trainings through AE Training materials.
5. Works with AESAR Team to develop regional strategic plan and annual action plan.
6. Works with AE International Missions Director, Social Action Director and Communication Director in all missions related activities.
7. Participates and contributes to AE International Missions.
8. Promotes and encourages mobilization of local resources i.e. finances and volunteers for regional missions.
9. Manages financial accounting, acquittals & statistical reporting and records related to AE missions in the regions.
10. Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all AE Missions-related strategic plans.
11. Ensures mission research visits are conducted well in advance of all missions. Southern Africa Region (AESAR) 12. Acts as a resource to regional teams on matters of missions planning & execution.
13. Ensures compliance with all national and international regulations pertaining to regional Missions.
14. Interprets, directs and reports on the outcomes of regional missions related strategic plans.
15. Leads, maintains and manages a competent and effective missions’ team to meet regional mission goals.
16. Builds collaboration and strategic alliances with like-minded entities in the regions.
17. This role will also double up as the Zimbabwe Country programs manager
• A clear sense of calling to serve the Lord in full-time Christian ministry.
• Accepts AE’s vision, mission, guiding values and principles.
• A Team player.
• Cross cultural work experience.
• Has spousal and/or family support.
• Is part of Evangelical Church.
• At least five (5) years’ experience in a Senior Management Position working in a Christian ministry.
• Able to relate well to senior clergy as well as Christian leaders at every level in a city.
• A university degree in Biblical studies or Theology or equivalent education (e.g. Management, HR, Accounting,)
• Has received inform or short-term trainings in Evangelism or Bible Study.
• Skills will include excellent verbal and written communications abilities using current technology in multicultural and diverse urban settings
Abilities will include
Public speaking/preaching/teaching, management and finance. Desirable additional Skills and Experience
• Has informal or formal certificate trainings in Evangelism, Missions or Discipleship.
• Holds a Diploma in International Project Management from a recognized institution.
• Has specialized knowledge of Christian charitable services in Urban Settings.
• Professional ability as above plus skills in managing a wide variety of volunteers.
• Personal experience or knowledge of Africa.
• Ability to fluently communicate in English. Ability to speak French and/or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
The Regional Missions Director will be required to work from Zimbabwe. S/he will be required to work on some of the weekends and evenings. Extensive foreign travel for this position is required and all travel documentation and health requirements will have to be kept current.
• The job is physically demanding in terms of travel within the AESAR region as well as to different parts of Africa. Some regional travel to support countries is likely.
• Due to the diversity of the national and international work there is some potential for above-average stress and emotional pressure. This role will be based in Zimbabwe.
Application letter accompanied with a detailed CV, daytime telephone contact and current and expected remuneration should be sent online to email@example.com to be received not later than Friday 31th July 2021. Kindly attach copies of academic and professional certificates and any other relevant testimonials.