Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
The Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) mechanism increases the availability and quality of care and treatment services for people living with HIV (PLWHIV) primarily through community-based interventions that complement the public sector as part of the multi-sectorial response led by the Government of Zimbabwe. ZHCT has two objectives; 1) to increase the availability of high quality comprehensive care and treatment services for PLWHIV at community level 2) to strengthen community level health systems to monitor, track and maintain PLWHIV in care.
Position Summary :
The Technical Director (TD) is responsible for supporting program management and providing technical leadership and supervision of project activities. The TD will provide technical oversight to the design and implementation of key components of the ZHCT program description and ensure adherence to global standard of excellence in HIV service delivery programming. The TD will be responsible for the delivery of all HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities and ensure adherence to timelines, submission of deliverables and production of quality products and services. The position will be based in Harare and will report to the Chief of Party. The selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Collaborate with Chief of Party to provide leadership to the program, ensure strategic program direction, and provide high quality technical assistance;
- Advise and support the COP in providing technical direction to project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals, expected results and reporting requirements
- Ensure that project strategies and activities are evidence-based and in line with state-of-the-art, globally-recognized best practices; as well as aligned with Zimbabwe’s National guidelines and policies.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the project technical strategies, adapting global and regional technical resources and tools as needed for the Zimbabwean context
- Oversee a team of technical staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members and ensure program activities are designed and implemented according to scope, on time and within budget.
- Identify technical assistance needs and training resources among project staff, community-based workers, partners etc. and coordinate technical assistance provision.
- Mobilize institutional and project resources, tools, best practices, innovations, technology to deliver a synergistic, evidence-based program;
- Provide technical leadership in the development of timely, high quality and regulation compliant reporting per FHI 360 and donor guidelines namely quarterly and annual reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence and ensure timely submission of deliverables
- Work closely with the project SI&E team to deliver project quality benchmarks, monitoring, evaluation and key lessons learned.
- Represent the project in technical meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms.
- Liaise with key partners and stakeholders to meet program objectives and deliver results
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with program management and technical development.
- Excellent and demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management and technical skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, negotiate and work well with others.
- Strong communication and coordination skills required;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate staff to be accountable for project outcomes;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines and ability to provide oversight of financial and operational aspects of projects;
- Ability to travel a minimum of 35%.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related Masters qualification
- MBChB/MD qualification from a recognized Institution
- Incumbent must minimum of six years of experience in project management specifically; designing, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and close out of HIV-related programs for expanded care and treatment, in resource-limited settings.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Government Departments and non-governmental organizations to yield results toward common goals;
- Knowledge of Zimbabwean health system and HIV/AIDS epidemic;
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Experience supervising and leading teams and monitoring staff performance;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience interacting with government agencies, host‐country government partners and counterparts, and international donor agencies.
- Experience integrating gender into development programming is preferred
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
FHI 360 - is looking for IT InternHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Communications Officer – Country OfficeHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for District Program OfficerBulawayo,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Monitoring and Evaluation InternHarare,Zimbabwe 21 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Program InternHarare,Zimbabwe 21 Nov, 2018