In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Strategic Information Specialist, ZAPIM II
Abt Associates Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Strategic Information Specialist for the US Government funded Zimbabwe Assistance Program in Malaria (ZAPIM). The 5-year project will work to strengthen the capacity of the National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP) at national, provincial, district, and/or community levels, related to case management and malaria in pregnancy, national policies, social behavior change communication, surveillance/M&E and research, and therapeutic efficacy trails.
The Strategic Information Specialist will be responsible for the design and implementation of data systems for monitoring and evaluating project support. The Strategic Information Specialist will also work closely with Ministry of Health (MoH) to improve data reporting, analysis and use for decision making. This includes building the capacity of the National Malaria Control Centre (NMCC) staff to collect, manage, and use malaria health information for M&E and surveillance. The results of these efforts will document the success of the project as well as enable the Government of Zimbabwe to ensure effective monitoring of key malaria interventions.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following
- With guidance from the COP and Technical Director, design and establish a project monitoring and evaluation system, including defining project indicators and sources of data and developing the project performance monitoring plan;
- Implement capacity-building activities to increase the ability of key NMCC staff to identify, collect, analyze and report on high quality data in support of the malaria program’s indicators.
- Provide leadership for the project’s activities aimed at strengthening and supporting implementation of the country’s malaria surveillance and M&E systems;
- Lead the project’s operational research
- Oversee collection, analysis and reporting of data for the project’s baseline and routine project management information;
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of project performance monitoring reports and contribute to annual workplans and other regular project reports;
- Organize and carry out a capacity-building plan to increase the ability of all project staff to identify, collect, analyze and report on high quality performance monitoring data;
- Develop and implement quantitative and qualitative research instruments and research/evaluation protocols.
- Support the development of success stories and lessons learned in project implementation
- Present the results of program achievements and outputs in written reports and at conferences and meetings;
- Maintain close working relationships with the M&E staff from the NMCC and MoH;
- Coordinate with national authorities and international partners planning for and carrying out national household level surveys including a malaria component.
- Supervise direct reports with particular focus on their key tasks and the quality of project deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualification Requirements Include The Following
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or other health related field;
- 10+ years of experience monitoring health or malaria-specific programs, particularly designing M&E plans;
- Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Minimum of 3 years’ practical experience setting up and managing project monitoring and evaluation plans and systems, for USAID-supported projects preferred;
- Substantial experience in building capacity of government and/or local partner staff in data collection, analysis and/or use;
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy;
- Possess outstanding professional reputation and have strong demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel within the country as needed.
- Oral and written English language required, additional knowledge of recognized local languages preferred.
- Zimbabwean and African professionals are encouraged to apply.
Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
TO APPLY CLICK HERE