In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Abaal Polytechnic College is looking for an experienced plumber to install, maintain and repair sanitation units, water and gas supply lines, heating systems, and associated fixtures and appliances in residential, commercial, and industrial structures. You will also be required to design and inspect plumbing systems, perform diagnostics, and ensure they comply with regulatory codes. In addition, you will be responsible for mapping out irrigation areas, installing water tanks for irrigation, testing the system, and conducting regular maintenance checks. You may also be required to install electrical timer systems, plumb outdoor water tanks, and connect water-receiving.
To be successful as a plumber plus irrigation system skills you should be able to work independently and solve problems as quickly and efficiently as possible. To excel in this position you should have strong technical skills, be a master at troubleshooting and enjoy dealing with people.
· Reading and interpreting blueprints to assess or plan plumbing installations and layouts.
· Installing, maintaining and repairing plumbing systems and fixtures.
· Fitting and repairing various household appliances.
· Cutting, welding and assembling pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
· Inspecting and testing plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance.
· Handling customer queries and responding to call outs.
· Troubleshooting and resolving problems.
· Preparing cost estimates.
· Mapping out areas for irrigation installation.
· Digging trenches and installing pipes and lines.
· Installing pumps and electrical timers.
· Testing the irrigation system with the aid of computer software.
· Conducting routine maintenance checks.
· Troubleshooting and replacing faulty parts.
· Completed Diploma program on plumbing
· 3+ years of experience as a plumber.
· Valid plumbing license.
· Good working knowledge of water supply, heating, and ventilation systems.
· Proficiency in reading blueprints and using plumbing tools.
· Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
· Good listening and communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills and patience.
· Physical dexterity.
Contact: Abaal Polytechnical College,
WhatApp #: 252-63 469 1355