In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Finance & Business Development Officer (FBDO)
Finance & Business Development Officer (FBDO): The Citizen Bulletin
Deadline: 16 August 2021
Full-Time Role, with the possibility of working virtually until further notice.
Reports to: CEO
Start Date: Sept 1, 2021
About The Citizen Bulletin
Established in 2016, The Citizen Bulletin is an award-winning digital native news outlet that produces hard-hitting hyperlocal reporting and analysis for the greater region of Matabeleland, southwestern Zimbabwe. The news organization was established with a dual mission: to use the power of mission-focused and community-driven journalism to inform and convene Matabeleland citizens into agents of good governance and social progress. The Citizen Bulletin is run by a first-rate team of tech-savvy, audience-focused, and organization-oriented colleagues who have established a listening newsroom that produces high-quality journalism products that cut through the noise.
- This is a hybrid role at the intersection of the organization’s finance management and revenue growth and development.
- In this role, the Finance and Business Development Officer will manage the organization’s financial resources while leading its revenue growth and development efforts including reader revenue, native advertising, merchandise sales and paid events.
- The ideal candidate for this position will possess the tenacity and drive to seek new revenue opportunities and develop a solid sustainability strategy for the organization.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Manage, monitor and track the organization’s financial resources and spending;
- Research and identify new revenue/business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers or new ways of monetizing products;
- Work with audience engagement and product development teams to implement revenue growth and development initiatives;
- Attend seminars, conferences and events related to this role.
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets;
- Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients;
- Written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills;
- IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets;
- Team working skills and a collaborative approach to work;
- The ability to generate finance reports and analyze revenue figures;
- Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.
Remuneration will be discussed with the selected candidate.
Key Considerations and Requirements
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess a professional qualification in finance, economics or marketing and at least one year experience in a similar role; Be aged 30 years and below;
- Be based in Bulawayo or other parts of Matabeleland;
- Should be conversant in English and any language spoken in Matabeleland.
NB: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Send the following documents to these email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com Your current resume (Should not exceed three pages; A one-page proposal of a revenue and business development strategy you will implement if hired for this position.
Note: Candidates will be shortlisted on a rolling basis. Once we get a suitable candidate before the deadline, this advertisement will be revoked.