In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Debt Collector Wanted At Nedbank
Posted in Other 1 month ago
To collect and recover on overdue accounts through telephonic collections; written communication or through external collection agencies / attorneys; so as to achieve Nedbank's strategic objectives.
- Follow up on irregular exposures from Consumer Banking and CIB per allocated portfolio of non-performing clients, maintaining appropriate file notes and audit trail for all engagements.
- Achieve set collections targets through effective engagements with defaulted borrowersâ referees, former/ current employees and other contacts within and outside the Bank including supervision of external Debt Collectors for the purposes of collections and recoveries.
- Maintain comprehensive diary system to monitor debt repayments including written off matters, including preparation of reports.
- Account for funds collected from loans defaulters directly or through external Debt Collectors or Insurer.
- Assisting in monthly Credit Risk Monitoring Cram process, data collation, presentation and follow up matters arising thereof.
- Undertake ad-hoc responsibilities to assist in the Bankâs overall credit risk management strategies.
- Manage work allocation to external collection agencies by monitoring performance and adherence to service level agreements and internal compliance requirements.
- Monitor cost-to-recovery ratio of external vendors by tracking their recovery processes and litigation.
- Arrange repayment schedule by evaluating client's financial status.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders through formal and informal information sharing and feedback.
- Build and manage relationship with external stakeholders through formal and informal information sharing and feedback.
- Manage portfolio by tracking performance and reporting on recovery on monthly basis.
- Manage quality and quantity of portfolio by checking accuracy and adherence to policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure stakeholder/vendor compliance to guidelines by monitoring milestones against timelines.
- Mitigate risk by complying to legislative requirements, policies and procedures.
- Identify inefficiencies and shortcomings in processes by identifying areas of improvement based on systems, client and vendor feedback, legislation and industry trends.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters, websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank Vision and Values by demonstrating the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Ensure that own contribution and participation contributes to the achievement of team goals.
- Create and manage own career through guidance and support of management, department and colleagues.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed, experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure knowledge management, continuity and team success through constructive participation in a diverse team and sharing knowledge with team.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy.
- Identify opportunities to improve or enhance processes by identifying and recommending improvements to tools, policies and procedures to add value to Nedbank.
- Add value to Nedbank by identifying opportunities to improve or enhance processes through identifying and recommending improvements and supporting implementation of tools, policies and procedures.
- Business Related Degree.
- IOBZ Certificate is an added advantage.
- Risk Management or Paralegal qualification is an added advantage.
Minimum Experience Level
- Clean Driverâs license (Class 4)
- At least 2 years in Credit, Consumer Banking, CIB or Risk Management.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Data analysis
- Microsoft Office
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Continuous Learning
- Decision Making
- Managing Work
- Quality Orientation
To Apply Click HERE
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566
To View More Jobs Click HERE