- An advanced degree in Epidemiology, Statistics, Public Health or other health related field. A PhD or equivalent is required.
- Good clinical practice certificate.
Experience, Skills, and Minimum Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in implementing surveillance systems, operational or clinical research, national surveys, and/or health monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Experience with establishing HIV/TB/STI surveillance systems and knowledge of informatics
- At least three (3) years of experience in managing or implementing population-based surveys and data collection in developing countries
- Demonstrated experience with ethical review processes and regulatory requirements, data analysis, data dissemination and peer-reviewed scientific publications.
- A good understanding of HIV prevention, care and treatment programs and services.
- Demonstrated competence working within CDC or similar regulations and procedures
- Proven capacity in managing and supervising a diverse team of technical and support staff
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities
- Detail oriented and highly organized, able to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, high ability to interact professionally in English.