In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
This is a 6 month CONTRACT position
Responsible for performing highly specialized accounting work required to maintain the department’s general ledger.
- Analyses, records and reports accounting transactions in a timely manner.
- Prepares general ledger entries and account reconciliations.
- Responds to inquiries received from management, internal and external auditors and others regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
- Analyses current procedures and recommends changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Performs complex duties related to preparation and analysis of financial information to record transactions, prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy.
- Compiles, consolidates, and conducts complex analysis of accounting and financial information.
- Conducts research and analysis on complex issues, and prepares strategic recommendations to management based on analysis.
- Designs, modifies, installs, and/or maintains accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- Implements accounting policies under direction of the General Accounting Manager.
- Performs detailed analysis and data cleansing on current and historic data in order to prepare for a successful system migration.
- Drives the process to clear all aged GRNI & GIT. Additionally, should be familiar with Fixed Assets Componentization to address CIP
Skills / Competencies:
- Comprehensive understanding of the accounting function.
- Profound analytical skills for identifying and solving problems.
- Clear communication and synthesis skills.
- Deadline driven and ability to work under pressure.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting.
- Finance or related field required.
- CA (SA) CIMA; ACCA; Chartered Accountancy or similar certification preferred.
- Intermediate level of relevant professional work experience in the field of study required.
4+ years’ experience in accounting environment in Medium-operations/Distribution is required.
Experience working with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable advantageous
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
A local Company - is looking for Sales & Marketing Internship: Local OrganisationNorton,Zimbabwe 1 Nov, 2018
Local Company - is looking for Agronomist1 Nov, 2018
Local Company - is looking for Accounting Assistants X3Zimbabwe 8 Nov, 2018
Local Company - is looking for Stock ControllerHarare,Zimbabwe 8 Nov, 2018
Local Company - is looking for Mechanical Engineers9 Nov, 2018