In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Young Africa (YA) International is inviting applications for the position of Program Assistant, largely responsible for communications with a lesser role of supporting the programmes team as required from time to time. The role is be based at the Head Office of YA International, in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Job Title: Program Assistant – Communications
Reporting to: Head of Programmes (and works closely and directly with every member of the programmes team)
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe (with travels from time to time to project sites in Zimbabwe and in the Southern Africa region)
Contract Period: One year (with possibility of extension based on availability of funding)
Job Summary: Specifically, The Programme Assistant-Communications will lead the enhancement of communications and visibility of the work of YA in the Southern Africa region, ensuring all communications and or visibility materials are compliant to YA and donor standards, clear, well written, attractive and appropriately identify and address the intended audience. S/he will lead the development of content strategy and implementation of that strategy for offline and online communications and visibility platforms targeting multiple audiences including Affiliate organizations, donors, and government bodies.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Lead the development of high-quality, well-written, targeted and effective communications and visibility materials that contribute to achievement of the projects’ objectives as well as meeting specific donor standards.
• Collaborates with the Programmes team to conceptualize and develop communications and visibility plans that utilize digital and social media channels, and to create online/social media content (including, but not limited, to blog posts, tweets, status updates, pins, and photos and interactive videos) to support communications, outreach and collaboration goals.
• Serves as the projects team’s lead media content creator/developer. Writes copy, takes photos and produces videos for YA Int. social media postings.
• Provide communications and visibility guidance and expertise to YA International and to YA Int’s Affiliates and partner organizations.
• Oversee the production, printing and logistics management of all print materials.
• Producing regular internal bulletins on projects, researching and producing updates on youth development matters.
• Support document finalization, editing and formatting of various documents.
Digital platform management
• Together with the Programmes team, develop and implement a content and engagement strategy for an online collaboration portal.
• Writes and edits assigned online content, which may include copy for web pages, social media messages, e-newsletters and bulk communication (email, email marketing, text, etc.).
• Lead in the management and updating of an active online platform to increase collaboration with affiliates and partners.
• Proofread all written documents and produce reports on virtual platforms, web analytics and suggest strategies for increasing quantity and quality of user experiences.
Project Implementation and management
• Assist programmes team in any other projects related tasks and duties as assigned from time to time, including but not limited to project monitoring and evaluation, project reporting.
Works Directly With: Communications Manager, Head of Programmes, Grants Coordinator, Resource Mobilisation Officer, M&E officer and marketing officers with Affiliates.
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Media and Communications, Journalism, Website Management, Social Media or a similar Communications discipline.
• Qualification and working experience in project management is an added advantage, especially project reporting.
• At least 3 years of experience developing communications plans that utilize digital and social media channels, and creating online/social media content.
• Web content management and web analytics experience are highly preferred.
• Working experience in graphic designing is required.
• Outstanding communication skills, including a sound ability to adapt material for different audiences.
• Strong writing skills, including past demonstrated experience generating substantive written products; excellent verbal communication skills.
• Must be adaptable to and comfortable with shifting priorities.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Midnight 25 November 2019
TO APPLY: Submit letter of motivation (1 page), CV and expected starting salary and date of availability to email@example.com.