In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Nutrition Director in Harare, Zimbabwe.
The Nutrition Director will be a senior-level member of the project team and will work with the private agricultural sector, government, regional and local partners, non-governmental organizations, community organizations, others to increase dietary diversity and demand for nutrition foods.
The Nutrition Director will work under the oversight of the Chief of Party to provide specialized technical assistance to design, implement, monitor, and coordinate nutrition and dietary diversity programs and demand generation interventions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical assistance, direction and support related to the development and implementation of nutrition strategies for dietary diversity in all phases from formative research through design, material production, community mobilization, and evaluation.
- Designs and facilitates implementation of market-based approaches to enhance the availability and purchase of nutritious, safe foods in local markets.
- Incorporates SBC strategies to identify barriers and enablers to local purchase of diverse, nutritious foods and engages the private sector to produce demand-driven products for local markets
- Ensures integration of gender, youth, and nutrition strategies across intervention areas to strengthen income generation.
- Defines nutrition deficits and appropriate pathways to better nutrition to ensure relevance and impact on local communities. Ensures engagement, nutrition outcomes, and gender inclusion for women, youth and marginalized populations
- Responds to the specified deliverables and goals of contracts and grant agreements, ensuring achievements in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI 360 contractual agreement.
- Leads the implementation of work plans, formative research and related activities. Drafts quarterly and annual reports, and all other reporting requirements as needed.
- Liaises with and manages partner organizations involved in country program activities and assists in the implementation of project activities.
Master’s degree in nutrition science, food services or public health or a Bachelor’s degree with four additional years with a min. of 11+ years of experience promoting nutrition-sensitive agriculture and improved household diets.
Specific Knowledge Requirements:
- Strong understanding of current state of agricultural industry and market in nutrition-sensitive agriculture with knowledge of state of the art social and behavior change communication models and strategies and their practical application to improving consumer demand for dietary diverse food products and/or nutrition.
- Knowledge of evidence-based, innovative, and practical solutions to nutrition and communication challenges in developing countries.
- Field experience in developing and implementing nutrition-sensitive agricultural programs in Zimbabwe and/or other African countries that have demonstrated impact, at scale.
- Understanding of widely accepted formative research, evaluation and assessment of nutrition and dietary diversity indicators and data.
- Demonstrated strong technical, programming, and management skills.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member.
- Outstanding oral/written communication skills in English and one or more local languages.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills, and experience working in collaboration with the private sector, government, partners, donors, and NGOs.
- Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking, and meet deadlines.
Language requirements: English and one or more local languages.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
FHI 360 - is looking for IT InternHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Communications Officer – Country OfficeHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for District Program OfficerBulawayo,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Monitoring and Evaluation InternHarare,Zimbabwe 21 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Program InternHarare,Zimbabwe 21 Nov, 2018