Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
World Vision is a non-profit making, global community of over 40,000 staff working together for one purpose: to change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and are cared for, protected and participating. In Zimbabwe, World Vision has been existent for over 45 years and our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces of the country, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programmes focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in the areas of Education, Health, Nutrition and Sanitation, Child & Adult Safeguarding, Food Security and Economic Development. If you share the same vision with us, JOIN US and bring your invaluable contribution to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Position Title: Driver (1)
Location: Insiza Area Development Program (Filabusi)
Purpose of the Position:
To provide safety driving services to the organization. Carrying staff to and from different work locations and ensuring that program vehicles are well maintained.
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Driving field staff.
- Make daily payments deliveries (handling of cash).
- Fuelling of program vehicles always ready for duty.
- Monitor vehicles on a weekly basis (checking oil leaks accident damage, tyre, cleanliness, battery, brake fluid lights).
- Report mechanical state of the vehicle and defects timeously.
- Make necessary quotations for all accident damaged vehicles and send them to tender committee as well as ensure that they are repaired and serviced.
- Booking of field program vehicles in advance for services, fuels and source spares and ensure swift flow of the programs.
- Assist visiting World Vision staff, Donors, Stakeholders, Community Based Workers and casuals by transporting them to different areas of project assist the team with any duties required at a given point.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 5 O levels including English
- Proven valid clean (unendorsed) class 2 driving licence and 2+ years’ experience.
- Valid Medical Report
- Valid Defensive Driving Certificate.
- Proven record of operating and manoeuvring the vehicle to safety all times.
- A record in keeping good working vehicles, servicing, repairs and fuelling.
To access the latest job opportunities on WhatsApp, send a WhatsApp message with the word JOBS to +263718636522 to check this and other job postings
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
World Vision International - is looking for Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation Field Facilitator x 222 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Advocacy, Communications and Public Engagement ManagerZimbabwe 9 Jul, 2019
World Vision - is looking for Project CoordinatorZimbabwe 11 Jul, 2019
World Vision - is looking for STEP USERZimbabwe 29 Jul, 2019
World Vision - is looking for DriversZimbabwe 5 Aug, 2019