In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Take full responsibility and management of this contract
• Responsible for all aspects of meal preparation and general upkeep of the kitchen.
• Setting and management of service delivery standards
• Lead, motivate, train and develop a team of staff
• Implement and maintain operational controls in line/within budgetary requirements
• Ensure quality of food preparation, presentation and service is up to company standards by meeting all quality / star grading standards in all areas of responsibility as per grading checklist
• Proactively manage the SHEQ compliance of this unit
• Ensure that tills and cash ups are running smoothly
• Ensure all Fedics policies and procedures are complied with
• Daily HR and IR issues (including training, development & performance management)
• Analyse and pre-empt client needs and possible complaints
• Take responsibility for all functions by organising, preparing & co-ordinating.
• Management of all administration, finances, debtors, budgets, etc.
• Relationship building with the client and customers on a daily basis (essential) • Stay abreast of latest food trends and best practices
Skills and Competencies
• Strong judgement and problem solving skills
• Excellent people skills
• Strong interpersonal and communicative skills (verbal and written)
• Flexibility with regards to working hours
• Attention to detail
• Client service orientated
• Business management principles
• Fully computer literate
• Excellent food/Chef skills and background
• Relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent level of competence
• Minimum of a year management experience
• Previous experience within a similar corporate environment
• Able to work shifts when required
• Strong in kitchen and functions