In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Volunteer Finance & Administration Officer
Volunteer Finance & Administration Officer: National Association of Social Workers Zimbabwe
Deadline: 5 August 2021
Reporting to: Program Coordinator and works closely with the NEC Treasurer
The National Association of Social Workers Zimbabwe is membership-based organisation that seeks to promote the welfare of social workers. The organisation is looking for a qualified professional to take up the Volunteer Finance and Administration Officer Position based in Harare.
The Volunteer Finance & Administration Officer shall be responsible for assisting Program Coordinator with the financial operations of the national office, in line with the organisation's financial policies and procedures, meeting donor requirements, and ensuring the organisation's financial accountability and transparency.
- Verify internal & payment requisitions before processing;
- Post transactions into Pastel and maintaining up to date cash books;
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements; Physical verification of asset register;
- Maintaining up-to-date security items register & stocks e.g. purchase orders & receipts;
- Ensuring that licences, subscriptions, membership, bills, insurance etc are up to date;
- Preparation of variance reports for allocated projects; Filing of vouchers and accounting records timely; Budget preparation for allocated projects in liaison with the Program Coordinator and NEC Treasurer; Respond to queries from funding partners on allocated projects promptly;
- Disbursing funds to staff members and handling liquidations;
- Reconcile cash advances and following up on acquittals (Including reconciling advances to the ledger);
- Assist with audit preparations and during the external audit; Significantly contribute to the organisation safeguarding efforts; Any other duties required to assist the organisation in achieving its vision;
- Generate a periodic financial reports for sharing with the NEC.
- Knowledge of Pastel, Excel Spreadsheets, and MS Office; Degree in Accounting, Finance or Administration; Studying towards a professional accounting qualification eg. ACCA, CIS, CIMA is a distinct advantage; Ability to work under pressure and to work additional hours at crucial times;
- Good team working skills and should be able to interact at all levels;
- Must be of integrity and have traceable references;
- Excellent verbal & written skills, proficiency in English
This is a voluntary position to which allowances will be provided
Interested candidates should send their motivational letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com clearly indicating the position applied for on the email subject.