In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
UNOPS Programme Management Analyst (MIS)
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is the operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners' peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations. With over 8,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, where they need it. By implementing around 1,000 projects for our partners at any given time, UNOPS makes significant contributions to results on the ground, often in the most challenging environments.
UNOPS Zimbabwe falls under the purview of the UNOPS KEMC (Kenya Multi Country Office) located in Nairobi, Kenya, the Kenya Multi Country Office manages a growing portfolio of engagements, including associated strategic and operational risks. This includes a large portfolio of Infrastructure, procurement and project management service projects in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and several Island states.
Following devastation caused to life, livelihoods and property by tropical storm Idai in March 2019, the World Bank (WB) has allocated up to US$75 million to finance the Zimbabwe Idai Recovery Project (ZIRP); and the African Development Bank (AfDB) has allocated US$25 million for the Post Cyclone Idai and Kenneth Emergency Recovery and Resilience Project (PCIREP). The projects address both early and mid-term recovery needs in multiple sectors (food security and livelihoods, health, WASH, education, and community infrastructure rehabilitation). UNOPS has been requested to manage the WB funds for ZIRP and has established a Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and is the Implementation Agency for the AfDB project. UNOPS has engaged multiple UN partner organizations to deliver specific components of ZIRP and private sector companies to deliver on the infrastructure works under AfDB.
The PIU has been established as a facility to support the World Bank fund only. As the Fund Manager/PIU UNOPS will be responsible for multiple functions vis-a-vis the ZIRP including the design of an early recovery/emergency response facility, fiduciary management, legal and technical oversight results management, reporting, quality assurance and communications.
UNOPS Zimbabwe is currently seeking a Programme Management - Analyst (MIS) who w...
UNOPS Zimbabwe is currently seeking a Programme Management - Analyst (MIS) who will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist. The Programme Management - Analyst (MIS) will lead the operationalization and maintenance of the UNOPS Management Information System (MIS). She/He will also ensure efficient and effective management of ICT management support for UNOPS operations to a high standard and that the project’s outcomes are achieved with good quality products.
Purpose and Scope of Mandate
Under the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and overall direction of the Zimbabwe Support Services Manager the Programme Management - Analyst (MIS) will perform the following functions: -
MIS Services: Data Management and GIS
- Provide quality control and data verification function for all data entered into the MIS platform to incorporate a feedback loop where required.
- Design and implement an analytical framework for the MIS platform.
- Generate data dashboards, maps, and data sheets to enable better understanding of different project outcomes and project management.
- Through the MIS platform, generate cross-tabulations to verify synergies and overlaps; and query functions disaggregating results by several factors, and allowing for comparing within project focus areas and target locations.
- Provide methodologies for improving geographical data flow in the UNOPS Zimbabwe Office.
- Through the MIS platform generate analytical reports for the PIU, the World Bank, Project teams and M&E Community of Practice, including Value for Money analysis, GIS maps for projects, and summary highlights for communications.
- Support the M&E team to ensure project data is; (i) appropriately represented in internal (monthly and bi-annual reports) and external reporting (public communication about project results and impact, and (ii) of the use to independent evaluation.
- Ensure MIS platform incorporates all project reporting requirements.
- Travel throughout the implementation region as required upon missions/activities and provide assistance where necessary.
- Regular review and as needed revise the MIS operational and user manual (including rights and data protection guidelines).
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of UNOPS information systems and UNOPS information assets.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ICT standards and operational strategies for the Business Unit, in compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and framework.
- Maintain inventory of all computer, audio/video communication equipment, and software in the Business Unit, ensuring compliance with asset management policies and ensuring its effective functioning.
- Maintain a stable and responsive network and internet connectivity to ensure stable operation, availability of bandwidth, and reliable connection to the internet and HQ based systems.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
- Participate, organize and deliver training for the operations/ projects staff in MIS/ICT services.
- Maintain inventory of project knowledge assets and project management tools in the project shared drive.
- Routinely review and refine archival procedures.
- Monitor and maintain proper backups of UNOPS data.
Perform other duties as requested by the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and Support Services Manager.
Advanced University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or rel...
Advanced University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with two years of relevant professional experience is required.
At least 2 years experience in the implementation of complex software developmen...
- At least 2 years experience in the implementation of complex software development projects is required.
- Experience working with or within international organizations is an asset.
- At least 2 years experience in ArcGIS and Data Management is required.
- Experience in Network Administration, Client/Support Services, Active Directory, Cisco LAN/WAN Management, Exchange Server Administration is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of software such as GIS, Kobo toolbox, Open Street Maps, QGIS etc. is an added advantage.
- Experience in telecommunications, international exposure, networking and security is an added advantage.
- Ability to develop testing plans that efficiently demonstrate systems’ ability to fulfil business requirements while remaining flexible for ongoing alignment with feature implementation.
- Understanding of modern source control tools and techniques is an asset.
- At least 2 years experience developing and conducting end-user training for software systems is required.
- Experience working within a UNOPS project environment is an asset.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and enc...
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time. Applications ...
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Contract type: ICA Contract level: Local ICA Specialist Contract duration: ...
Contract type: ICA
Contract level: Local ICA Specialist
Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – ‘Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful imp...
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demand
To apply click HERE