In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The Re-Ignite, Innovate, Sustain Evidence Based Interventions for HIV Prevention (RISE) program will prevent new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) using the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (RISE) approach. The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) program focuses on prevention of new HIV infections among Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in Zimbabwe. DREAMS core package of services combines evidence-based approaches that go beyond the health sector, addressing the structural drivers that directly and indirectly increase AGYWs’ HIV risk, including poverty, gender inequality, sexual violence, and a lack of education. The program is being implemented in 6 high HIV burden, partial maintenance districts (Bulawayo, Chipinge, Gweru, Makoni, Mazowe and Mutare) and 6 expansion districts (Beitbridge, Bulilima, Gwanda, Insiza, Mangwe and Matobo).
The Technical Officer (TO) works closely and under the guidance of the Technical Director (TD) to provide technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the nine-priority high HIV burdened districts in Zimbabwe: Mazowe, Gweru, Bulawayo, Insiza, Beitbridge, Bulilima, Mangwe, Matobo and Gwanda. S/he supports the implementation and monitoring of technical strengthening initiatives of the DREAMS-RISE Project. The TO supports the TD to enhance staff capacity to understand the DREAMS Technical Guidance and translate its project implementation level. S/he supports TD to organize technical capacity building training for staff and community cadres. The TO is responsible for supporting, mentoring staff and community cadres to implement project activities following the DREAMS Program global, country and project guidance. The TO supports TD to assess technical capacity needs and design and implement interventions to address identified gaps. S/he supports development of technical capacity enhancing materials that simplify the complex DREAMS guidance into user-friendly formats. Contributes to development of technical documents including reports and progress updates. S/he creates scientific and technical material to support project teams during implementation, working with communities and partners to maximize local capacity. The TO works closely with the SIE team to evaluate programmatic effectiveness and provide technical assessment reports to enhance program implementation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides support in the unpacking of the PEPFAR DREAMS guidance to inform program implementation with fidelity;
- Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for operational research;
- Works closely with National and district teams to ensure activities are implemented according to DREAMS program technical guidance and RISE standard operating procedures (SOP’s);
- Writes and edits technical reports and documents;
- Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations;
- Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in HIV and Sexual Violence prevention technical areas;
- Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports;
- Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff;
- Develops or writes technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures;
- Assists with the implementation of research studies by monitoring and documenting processes;
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines;
- Prepares reports and papers summarizing project results;
- Delivers presentations at professional meetings and conferences;
- Ensures project implementation adheres to organizational strategy and remains technically sound;
- Support the TD in providing leadership and team building at the task level;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for operational research;
- Ability to transfer knowledge and skills to others;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required;
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports;
- Ability to problem solve and implement corrective action as needed;
- Works on problems of diverse scope that require analysis or interpretation of various factors;
- Exercises judgment within selecting methods and techniques to determine appropriate action;
- Builds productive working relationships with internal and external staff;
- Decision may affect a work unit or area within a department.
Qualifications and experience
- MS / MA in Social Science, Adult Education, Public Health or related field,
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience working on adolescent and youth health related interventions which includes experience with youth focused HIV prevention, ASRHR, GBV, Education, Economic Strengthening program planning and implementation at the community, provincial and district levels working with NGO sector;
- Experience in youth capacity building is required;
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas;
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff;
- Prior work experience in USG funded project or government agency is added advantage.
- Step 1: Complete online job application here
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap or financial ability.
Deadline: 21 January 2022