In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
STEP USER (Umzingwane Area Program)- Repost
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
POSITION TITLE: STEP USER
DIRECT REPORTS: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WORKERS (CDWs)
LOCATION: UMZINGWANE AREA PROGRAM
Purpose of the Position:
To perform relevant tasks on Sponsorship Operations Horizon SSUI, Sharefile, Rich Media Transfer and supporting applications to the ADP in establishing, maintaining and facilitating positive transformational relationships between registered children and their sponsors, parents, communities and the Support Offices.
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Quality checking and timely Inputting, updating and processing of accurate child data in SSUI ensuring credibility of information in Hope and Horizon.
- Track child well-being aspirations, indicators and generate appropriate reports to inform programming, budgeting and management decision making
- Generation and timely sharing of current tasks details with the officer for distribution to the respective Development facilitators and interpretation of systems reports (Management Reports) to end-users.
- Ensuring efficient and successful synchronisation of processed outbound and inbound data on child information to the Global Centre Servers and Local Area Program (AP) singlestep database.
- Quality control and management of all Sponsorship 2.0 digital communication gadgets and ensuring target deliverables from the field to sponsors and the Support Office are sent through the correct platforms.
- Monitoring database activities and performance for the purpose of ensuring the security and reliable operation
- Coordinates all database activities (Managing and performing daily System maintenance tasks, timely communication and sharing of all current KPI’s, Synchronization) for the purpose of ensuring data accuracy and availability and monitoring compliance with World Vision standards, policies and security procedures.
- Timely reports malfunctions of the database systems to the Systems analyst for the purpose of resolving operational issues and restoring services
- Provide basic Information Technology (IT) technical support at program level
- Produce a monthly report to the Coordinator by the 20th of every month.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and/or trainings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Diploma in IT, Computer Sciences, MIS, Development Studies or any related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in an IT or Sponsorship systems environment.
- Computer competency in MS Office -MSWord, Excel, Access, Lotus notes and Internet
- Good facilitation skills, interpersonal skills, report-writing skills
- Ability to speak local languages.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified females are encouraged to apply.
To apply click HERE