In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Site QA/QC Coordinator
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Site QA/QC Coordinator to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) for a role based in Zimbabwe.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
As The Successful Candidate, You Will
The Site QA/QC Coordinator in conjunction with the Construction Manager has the responsibility for assuring that construction related procedures, systems and processes have been implemented and are followed, by coordinating relevant quality assurance and control monitoring and reporting requirements on site. Furthermore, they are responsible for assuring that appointed contractors confirm with the stipulated contract quality requirements.
You Bring To The Role
- Liaise with the Site Quality Manager and Project Quality Manager to assure establishment of necessary systems and tools to support effective implementation and management of site quality assurance and control activities across the project
- Prepare a Site Project Quality Plan and obtain approval from internal and external stakeholders in consultation with the Site Quality Manager
- Assign Site Quality Control Inspector for each area, discipline within the specific purchase order/contract or Construction Work Package (CWP)
- Coordinate quality management meetings with clients, consultants and vendors
- Coordinate site quality control inspectors, sampling and testing activities identified in contractor Quality Control Plan (QCP), e.g. attendance of interventions points
- Monitor the inspection performance and arrange for participation of the client and engineering discipline for specific inspections and tests
- Review, approve and distribute quality control plans, inspection reports as indicated on the Document Distribution Matrix, via document control
- Report promptly to the Project Manager, Construction Manager, Area Manager, Site Quality Manager or Project Quality Manager and senior discipline engineer any quality incidents, non-conformances detected and improvements
- Assure interaction between inspectors, expediters and supervisors
- Carry out the assurance and control aspects relating to inspection/surveillance activities in accordance with General Quality Requirements for Suppliers and Contractors Standard and the inspection assignment
- Assure site assessments of project, consultants and vendors, are completed, as per the project requirements and audit/assessment schedule
Qualifications And Experience
- A higher diploma and a relevant tertiary qualification
- Minimum three years experience in the role of a quality assurance and control coordinator/manager on major EPCM projects
- Quality assurance experience with respect to project compliance and adherence to procedures and policies
- Quality control experience with respect to fabrication and construction
- Knowledge of national and international codes, standards and specifications related to applicable site work
- Sound communication skills
- Ability to make decisions
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, document management and control, change management, project controls, safety, environmental, industrial relation, construction, resource and risk management.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
To apply click HERE