In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Senior Advisor, Church Partnership
Senior Advisor, Church Partnership
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
World Vision as a Christian humanitarian organization works with the diverse expressions of the Church as our indispensable partner in our shared pursuit of social and spiritual transformation and the holistic well-being of children, especially the most vulnerable.
Our global strategy calls us to ‘live out our Christian faith with boldness and humility’ and to expand and deepen our partnerships with churches and faith leaders to identify and address the spiritual causes of poverty and vulnerability.
This commitment is guided by WV’s Partnerships with Churches’, ‘Witness to Jesus Christ’ and Faith & Development management policies. This position, in line with the relevant policies, will provide strategic leadership, technical guidance and tools to the WV’s Field Offices to engage and partner effectively with churches and Christian agencies in the design and implementation programmes that promote sustainable, holistic child well-being.
Provide strategic leadership in the development, refinement and implementation of global guidelines and resources to strengthen effective engagement and collaboration with churches, church leaders and Christian Faith Based Organisations (FBO’s) in WV’s programming for child well-being, in line with relevant WVI policies:
- In collaboration with Global Field Operations (GFO) and Global Impact (GI) teams, develop guidelines and capacity building resources for field office’s use to strengthen their engagement and mobilisation of churches, Christian networks and FBO’s as an integral part of WV’s community-based approach, empowering to improving child well-being
- Revise and socialise WVI’s existing frameworks and capacity building resources on church partnerships.
- In collaboration with the WVI Partnering team, refine existing tools and/or develop new resources to support church partnerships.
- Ensure WV’s guidelines on church partnerships build on existing best practice in partnering and external engagement developed by WV’s advocacy and External Engagement team.
- Engage with GFO and regional offices regarding gaps or promising practice, emerging from church partnership data and collaborate on solutions.
Based on current practice, lead a collaborative effort with F&D Field Support, TD, GFO and Partnering teams to:
- Develop, pilot and scale a Christian discipleship project model to engage and equip churches and church leaders in their calling to ensure children experience fullness of life, grow in holistic discipleship while being protected, valued and included.
- Map currently used practices, models and/or resources used in our programs to further Child Well Being (CWB) in partnership with churches.
- Identify and document promising practices.
- Identify current gaps based on analyses for a holistic engagement and discipleship approach.
- Develop a child-focused, Biblical transformational development process for field offices to engage with local churches to fit and accompany WV’s Development Project Approach (DPA) process.
- Identify areas within the current DPA process to enhance and deepen partnerships with churches and church leaders.
- Review similar church engagement approaches to identify synergies and potential for integration.
- Follow the WV processes to design, develop, pilot, scale-up and approve these approaches that can be used by local churches in WV’s offices and programs.
- In collaboration with Global Field Operations and Global Impact teams, develop mechanisms to ensure full integration of these approaches into WV’s operational systems, including appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms.
- Provide guidance to the WV Technical Academy to develop an e-course for these approaches.
External Engagement and Advocacy
Provide strategic leadership and support to Regional Offices (ROs) in the formation and leveraging of strategic partnerships with churches at regional and national level for improved CWB:
- Support NOs and ROs to engage strategically with local church partners in prioritised global advocacy events or moments on issues affecting the vulnerability of children.
- Ensure church partnerships contributions to advocacy gains are articulated in Global campaign and FO reporting through Advocacy Strategic Metrics and CVA engagement.
- Support the development of strategies and resources to support NOs and ROs to develop and equip faith leaders as advocates for child well-being.
- Identify local Church/Christian partnerships with potential for increased impact through global partnerships.
- Report on the quality of the prioritised partnerships and their contribution to advocacy towards CWB.
- Collaborate with Faith & Staff Formation team, to support national offices as they mobilise churches to reflect and pray on issues increasing the vulnerability of children.
Lead the continued learning of WV’s church and interfaith relations through KM Initiatives:
- In collaboration with F&D Knowledge Management and Global Communications identify, document and disseminate promising practices, lessons learnt, innovation, and change stories on Church Partnerships.
- Ensure periodic analysis of Church Partnership data in Horizon, Operations or Impact Portals to show trends and enhance learning.
- Collaborate with GFO, Global Impact and Horizon teams to enhance WV’s reporting systems (Horizon) to capture national level church partnerships, including joint advocacy.
Ensure effective integration of church partnerships into sector project models and field guidance:
- In collaboration with F&D’s staff and Field support team work with WV’s global sector, disaster management, fragile contexts and urban teams to ensure the engagement of churches and church leaders are well integrated into project models, field guidelines and quality assurance resources.
- Partner with global sector teams and GC F&D to refine resources and strengthen church’s implementation of Spiritual Nurture of Children approaches and resources.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in theology, religious studies, development studies or other related fields.
- At least 5-7 years’ of experience of hands-on work with a range of Church structures, denominations and para-church organisations, especially in the Global South.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in strategic planning and program design and management within the development/humanitarian industry, including the role of the local church in community development processes.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience and demonstrated understanding of other faith communities, the complexity of working as Christian NGO within Faith contexts, relationship with the faith and development arena, major players, and joint work towards the sustainable development goals.
- At least 3 years of knowledge and experience of supporting multi-stakeholder partnerships, especially faith-based partnerships.
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to leverage that towards concrete collaboration and partnerships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven experience in writing and producing clear, concise and effective guidance materials, including online facilitation resources, while using up-to-date adult learning approaches.
- Clarity in conceptual thinking and communication including critical thinking skills and ability to challenge the status quo.
- Exemplary personal Christian commitment, vibrant and mature Christian leadership.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in programming in field location, preferably in more than one context or continent.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively in culturally and religiously diverse environments.
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills and experience.
- Strong computer literacy in use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook; proficiency in hosting webinars, e-learnings and conference calls.
- Proven experience working with and through networks.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Fluency in Spanish an advantage, other languages helpful also.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of and commitment to World Vision objectives and ministry priorities.
- Experience of working with, relating to and influencing within Catholic structures.
- Self-starter with strong time management, coordination, prioritization, multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with a high level of ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven flexibility to work well with others with diverse personal styles.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically & internationally up to 30% of the time.
To apply click HERE