In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Education Development Trust will soon be implementing the FCDO funded Teacher Effectiveness and Equitable Access for all Children (TEACH) Programme in Zimbabwe. This new 5-year programme aims to create a strengthened and more sustainable national education system that is improving the quality of teaching and equitable access for all. There are three main objectives:
- Improved equitable access in primary and secondary schools - greater participation, retention and attainment of the poorest children, marginalised girls and children with disabilities.
- Improved quality of teaching – The quality of teaching is a central component to improving learning outcomes for all children, including the most marginalised. The TEACH programme will improve the capacity of primary and secondary teachers in Zimbabwe to deliver high-quality education using evidence-based targeted in-service teacher training
- A stronger, more sustainable national education system – To develop sustainable improvements, resources and training needs to be supported with wider system strengthening.
We are looking to appoint a Research Manager to support the wider programme delivery and manage the research projects on the programme. In particular, they will have a key role early in the programme in the conduct of a Teachers’ Knowledge and Skills Survey to inform the programme's future direction. They will be working closely with the MEL manager and other colleagues to spot research needs and to design and implement suitable research projects as the programme develops. They will manage the day-to-day delivery of research work and liaise with the EdDevTrust research and consultancy teams and external providers appointed for the delivery of specific projects. They will take on the day-to-day management of research project budgets and ensure the quality of all products, tools and reports. Under the supervision of the MERL Lead, they will be the key point person to organise and liaise with relevant staff to ensure effective dissemination of learning from research work internally (across all of EdDevTrust as relevant) and externally to the wider world and client.
The Research Manager should have:
- Extensive experience in designing, managing and implementing multi-year, multi-component education research projects in developing countries
- Strong research background with an ability to design and analyse education data through proven methodologies; experience of gap analysis is preferable;
- Demonstrable knowledge on research in education, preferably teacher development and on gender and equity issues about education
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience and knowledge including extensive experience in the design of survey tools
- Previous experience completing research ethics processes and applications
- Strong understanding of the Zimbabwe Education system
- Excellent data management skills, in particular, use of Excel AND other statistical software (e.g. SPSS, STATA) as well as qualitative analysis software packages (e.g. NVIVO) preferable;
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and data visualization
- Experience in presenting findings to a wide range of expert and non-expert audiences
- Ability to synthesise information and produce high-quality reports
TO APPLY CLICK HERE