In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Job title: Research Assistant (Two Positions)
Primary Manager: Research Officer
Secondary Manager: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Closing Date 7 July 2022
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The emergence of the COVID-19 global pandemic has posed new challenges to already strained health systems worldwide. Governments have had to start prevention, containment and mitigation measures rapidly even as new information on the virus becomes available. The UNITAID COVID 19 project will work with the national and sub-national government COVID 19 response structures to accelerate end-to-end access to novel solutions for responding to the COVID-19 pandemic through testing, isolation, care and treatment approaches adapted to the needs of low- and middle-income countries such as Zimbabwe to strengthen the health system to respond to COVID-19.
The Research assistant must be a self-motivated individual who is experienced in collecting patient level data. This role will include collecting, accurately capturing, updating and maintaining all program data in Foundation databases for the Catalyzing Covid 19 Action TREAT Study. He/she will work closely with the Research officer, the Principal Investigator and the study sites staff to ensure timely and accurate collection of research data. The research assistant will also be involved in recruiting and consenting of study participants.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Title ?
- Work with health facility staff to identify admitted COVID-19 patients to recruit into the study and also to locate patient files to use for data abstraction.
- Consent study participants before any study specific activity is conducted.
- Check eligibility of all study participants through reviewing of health facility registers and forms.
- Abstract patient level and aggregate data from patient files into project-specific data collection tools.
- Perform data quality checks, verify and clean all data before storage.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely capturing of all program data into electronic databases; upload the data into the research database and review and make necessary corrections to the data captured in databases.
- Liaise with facility level healthcare workers project officers to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data on entering patient level and aggregate program data into study database.
- Respond to enquiries regarding data as requested by relevant country office staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of all data collected.
- Compile and prepare weekly update reports.
- Communicate as need arises and on a regular basis with the supervisor about any challenges that may arise and the need for additional equipment and/or supplies.
- Perform other study related duties assigned for the studies and/or related activities.
- Report any adverse events within 24 hours and report protocol deviations to the primary manager.
To Be Successful, You Will Have
- Diploma/degree in nursing; diploma/degree in social science, public health or any related field.
- Minimum 1-year experience in capturing client-level data
- Computer literacy (ICDL certificate) would be an added advantage.
- Human Subjects Protection (HSP) or Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training courses on research ethics is an added advantage.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Proven experience in conducting researches at health facilities in Zimbabwe.
- Computer literacy.
- Good attention to detail and documentation skills.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds in health centres.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and self-driven.
- Ability to speak, read and write local languages (Shona and Ndebele).
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC ( black, indigenous, and other people of color), women and non-binary, LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender), individuals with disabilities, and other members of historically underrepresented groups.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact email@example.com .
To apply please click HERE