In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Research and Administrative Assistant
The Sickle Hemoglobinopathy reseArch in Zimbabwe (SHAZ) project to be implemented at Parirenyatwa hospital in collaboration with University Teaching Hospital (UTH) in Zambia seeks to conduct research in Sickle Cell disease (SCD) and establish sustainable infrastructure and operation aimed at addressing the paucity of data that currently exists as well as improving standards of care for SCD in these two countries. The program intends to recruit the above-mentioned position which is integral for spearheading the activities in Zimbabwe.
The Research and Administrative Assistant (RAA) will be responsible for assisting with all research aspects of the SHAZ program including maintenance of the registry data and field research. S/he will work under the Project/Study coordinator. Specifically, the RAA will carry out the following:
- Work with the Study Coordinator to support all research activities i.e. outreach activities, participants recruitment, data entry and training of researchers;
- Working with the Study Coordinator on scheduling of activities especially arranging for travel to meetings, workshops and conferences;
- Filing of all study documents and records;
- Assist in IRB renewals;
- S/He will also work with financial and administrative staff in putting together financial and administrative information;
- Make requests for travel advances i.e. per diems, accommodation, toll fees and fuel; Liquidate all travel advances by ensuring submission of receipts and invoices;
- Assist with procurement activities i.e. sourcing for quotations, bid comparisons, receiving deliveries and make payments.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Higher National Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences and/or Project Management;
- 2+ years’ experience in clinical research/project management;
- Ability to organize workshops;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to engage at all levels;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Sound knowledge of computer packages.
Potential candidates should apply to the Program Coordinator at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates should attach a cover letter and current copy of curriculum vitae.