In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Public Health Analyst
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the overall guidance of the HSS Team Leader and the direct supervision of the DAK/HIS technical officer, the Public Health Analyst will assist in the technical support of HSS programmes within ESA in particular consolidating of up to date evidence on UHC progress in Countries through systematic analysis and documentation, Monitoring of sector progress in attainment of targets set in the National Health sector strategies and policies as well as Monitoring of progress towards the attainment of Health related Sustainable development goals. Specific assignments will include following up on progress of implementation of ESA HIS/DAC activities as per schedule, review of quarterly progress reports from the implementing countries, supporting HSS team in supporting countries develop strategic plans, policies and legislative frameworks for national health information system, development and promotion of data standards, including core indicators, WHO's Family of International Classifications (ICD-11, ICF, ICHI), and WHO's technical packages for analysis and use of routine health facility data. Further the analyst will provide support in consolidation of evidence on progress towards UHC, development of communication materials to document and communicate the interventions being implemented in the countries. Document best practices, monitoring of the programme work plans and log frames administering and executing processes and transactions aimed at ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Public Heath Analyst promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach and works to ensure vibrant exchange of information and consistent service delivery.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- At least, University Degree in Public Health, Global Health, Health Research and/or other health-related fields
- Master's Degree is a strong added advantage
- At least one year's experience working within the health sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of health sector activities in developing countries and/or in the context of Universal Health Coverage, Health Systems strengthening
Required experience: 24 Months
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Public health, Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination, Healthcare administration
Area of expertise details:
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
To apply click HERE