In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Project Officer (Horticulture)
Zimbabwe Project Trust (ZimPro) seeks to recruit a Project staff Officer (PO) who will be responsible for implementing a humanitarian project entitled “Restoration and Enhancement of Community Climate Resilience & Productivity in Matabeleland Provinces” under its two thematic pillars of Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture; and Sustainable and Diversified Livelihoods. ZimPro is anticipating growth in its programming that will necessitate the recruitment of additional project staff. This advert is placed conditionally, as recruitment is subject to availability of funding.
The Overall Purpose of the Job
- Carryout beneficiary registration and selection based on agreed criteria;
- Mobilizing communities so that they are able to implement project activities as outlined in the project proposal;
- To implement a donor funded Food and Sustainable Agriculture Project to a high standard in line with donor and organizational expectations;
- Coordinate all field activities under this project by providing technical support to the project participants; Contact training sessions and provide extension and advisory services to communities involved in horticulture;
- Assist farmers to produce cropping calendars and ensure that they are implemented accordingly;
- Support targeted households to produce a variety of garden crops and link them to formal markets;
- Work with the farmers to develop their production and marketing value chain and support value addition processes for horticultural produce;
- Facilitate access and utilization of water for production of garden crops using water saving technologies; Support formation and strengthening of farmers’ associations for advocacy and lobbying;
- Ensure that all the cross cutting issues i.e. gender, environment, HIV/Aids and civic education, protection and DRM are mainstreamed in all the project activities;
- Liaising with strategic linkages/networks of the organization and participating at forums that strengthen collaboration and coordination;
- Collect project information from operating areas, feeding into the results monitoring system of the organization;
- Assist in the procurement of project inputs based of approved specifications and bills of quantities;
- Prepare quality project progress reports on time and submit same to the supervisor.
- Degree in Agriculture (preferably majoring in horticulture);
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience, implementing a donor funded project;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Fluent English and Ndebele essential;
- Team player and able to work under tight deadlines;
- Familiarity with Project Management Cycle;
- High appreciation of resilience building and climate change issues;
- Highly computer literate, especially in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power point;
- Clean class 5 and 4 drivers’ license.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested, send us your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable references. Ensure that your application is clearly marked with the position applied for in the application heading. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We believe in equal employment opportunity. We also require successful candidates to submit police clearances.