In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Zimbabwe Project Trust (ZimPro) seeks to recruit a Project Coordinator who will be part of a humanitarian project entitled “Restoration and Enhancement of Community Climate Resilience & Productivity in Matabeleland Provinces” under its two thematic pillars of Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture; and Sustainable and Diversified Livelihoods. ZimPro is anticipating growth in its programming that will necessitate the recruitment of additional project staff. This advert is placed conditionally, as recruitment is subject to availability of funding.
Major purpose of the Job
- Support field based officers implement the project in accordance with funding contract, adhering to set standards and timelines;
- Coordinate all activities under this project by providing (supervision, monitoring and back stopping support) support to the project;
- Ensure project compliance with organisational and donor reporting requirements;
- Carry out baselines and surveys for benchmarking project results with the before and after project outcomes; Coordinate and undertake project reviews and evaluations to track project progress and impacts and recommend strategies for improving achievement of expected outcomes;
- Act as a link between field based officers, management, government, donors and other key stakeholders; Ensure there is a functional MEAL framework with updated information tracking project deliverables;
- Support field based officers to implement project activities according to agreed implementation plan; Coordinate collection of data collected from the field and ensure that it is consolidated, analysed, presented, stored and reported to management and key stakeholders;
- Train and sensitize project and stakeholders on organization policies, standards and procedures;
- Act as the project budget holder responsible for managing the project budget and ensure compliance with organizational and donor financial management systems;
- Ensure beneficiary accountability systems, complaints handling mechanisms, safeguarding and protection protocols are operational;
- Assist in setting up of procurement and accounting procedures of project materials and/or inputs;
- Provide tehnical support to management and participate in the preparation of plans, proposals and budgets for projects even beyond this project;
- Receiving progress reports from field based officers and producing a consolidated informative progress report for submitting to management, donors and key stakeholders;
- Undertake performance appraisals for field based officers aimed at strengthening implementation, identifying their training needs and making appropriate recommendations to build internal capacity for enhanced output; Ensure that all the cross cutting issues i.e. gender, environment, HIV/Aids and civic education, projection and DRM are mainstreamed in all the project activities;
- Identifying and liaising with strategic linkages/networks of the organization and representing the organization at various levels.
- First degree in Agriculture, Rural Development, Social Work or any other related field., plus a Master’s degree in a relevant study area;
- At least ten years of relevant work experience (NGO work), four of which should be at supervisory level; Highly computer literacy accompanied with critical thinking and analytic skills including oral and written skills; Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to train / coach staff and give occasional presentations;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills required to meet tight deadlines;
- Familiarity with Project Management Cycle including appreciation of financial management;
- A self-starter, able to work independently but as part of a team; Practical field work experience with proven experience in Mainstreaming of Gender, HIV and AIDS,
- Environmental, protection and DRM in community projects;
- Clean class 4 drivers’ license.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested, send us your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable references. Ensure that your application is clearly marked with the position applied for in the application heading. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We believe in equal employment opportunity. We also require successful candidates to submit police clearances.