In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Reference Number: 81057
EU delegations/HQ vacancy: EU delegations
Application Deadline: 08 December 2021
Living conditions allowance: 30%
DG/Unit: INTPA.A.5.DEL.Zimbabwe.002 – Team Cooperation
Contact point: Mr Franck Porte, Head of Cooperation
Position: CONTRACT AGENT FGIV
Domains: INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION and DEVELOPMENT
Under the direct responsibility of the Head of Cooperation, the CA will contribute to the planning, implementation, reporting, communication (as COMCORD in coordination with the Press and
Information officer of the Delegation), internal and external coordination of the current and future cooperation programmes of the European Union with Zimbabwe.
Functions and duties
- Support the Head of Cooperation and Team Leaders in policy coherence in the indicative programmes and with the policies of other Directorates general of the Commission and EEAS.
- Support all sections in sharing information on topics of common interest, such as national policies, national budget execution, international agreements of the country and all other matter of importance for EU’s development cooperation.
- Assist in communication on the EU’s priorities and objectives, globally, in Africa and specifically in Zimbabwe.
- Contribute to policy dialogue with the national authorities related to EU programmes.
- Support policy dialogue with relevant ministries, agencies, donors, lenders and other stakeholders, as well as facilitate Working Better Together and Team Europe Initiatives withthe EU Member States.
PROGRAM / PROCESS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Contribute to the internal management of the programme implementation through the maintenance of programme management tools, such as project overviews and state of play, updating of country and project fiches.
- Coordinate on behalf of the Cooperation section the reporting and planning of the Delegation (EAMR, AMP, RMF, etc).
- Contribute to the coordination of the interactions and the support programme to the Ministry of Finance and other relevant ministries by preparing and updating overview tables of the programming and implementation of EU cooperation programmes, analyse reports activity of the NAO and preparing discussion papers where relevant.
- Contribute to the coordination with EU Member States by preparing information to be shared in this regard and prepare or update a calendar and roadmap for coordination, in particular on Team Europe Initiatives and Working Better Together.
- Contribute to updating the EUD communication strategy and the communication activities, in collaboration with the political section and the press and information section, including on all programmes and keep under scrutiny the communications of project implementing partners.
- Provide guidance to any contractor recruited to assist the EUD in its communication.
- Guide on templates of main documents to be submitted to headquarters in collaboration with the Finance, Contacts and Audit Section.
- Manage, plan and coordinate the use of the
- Cooperation Facility.
- Be focal for the roll-out of OPSYS in Operations
- Be the focal point for monitoring and evaluation of the Cooperation section.
REPRESENTATION, NEGOTIATION and PARTICIPATION
- Co-ordinate, share information and participate in working groups and task forces related to the assigned portfolio.
- Represent the Delegation/Commission in management, steering, monitoring or similar committees.
- Contribute to the coordination of programmes and projects with regional or national authorities and development partners.
- Promote the concepts of aid effectiveness through coordination, harmonization, alignment and sector wide approaches.
EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION (general)
- Disseminate the Commission’s views, policies, strategies, objectives, agenda, etc. related to development co-operation and other subject matters.
- Present and disseminate the achievements and results of programmes and projects in workshops, seminars, conferences and other fora.
- Extract and disseminate best practices and facilitate exchange of experiences.
- Contribute to production of publications.
- Contribute to the proper visibility of the Delegation’s project activities.
- Contribute to the organisation and smooth passing of missions and/or visits by Commission services or other entities related to assigned portfolio.
INTERNAL COMMUNICATION (general)
- Report to the relevant Commission services on sector developments as well as on programmes’ and projects’ progress and evolution.
- Contribute to recurrent reports and plans, e.g. Joint Annual Reports, External Assistance Management Reports, Annual Work Plan.
- Co-ordinate with other operational teams within the Teams of the Delegation for the performance of all the above tasks and as relevant for programming, projects’ identification, formulation, missions, annual reviews and ad hoc or periodic meetings.
- Co-ordinate with operational units at Commission Headquarters in shared areas of activity or responsibility (e.g. projects implemented in the host country but managed centrally at HQ
- OPERATIONAL and ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT and RESOURCES, EU and POLITICS (general)
- At least 5 years
- Professional experience pertinent to the duties to be carried out (project and programme management, reporting, communication in a Delegation: 5 years)
- Good knowledge of EU policies, in particular in development cooperation and international partnerships
- PROGRAM / PROCESS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Projects and programmes
- INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (generic)
- INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION and DEVELOPMENT
- Ability to communicate in meetings
- Ability to understand and be understood
- Feel at ease in public
- Delivering Quality and Results
- Ability to work in a proactive and autonomous way
- Prioritising and Organising
- Capacity to deliver in a structured way
- Coordination skills
- Planning capacity
- Stress resistance
- Working with Others
- Ability to work in a team
How to apply
Applications (CV & motivation letter) to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate your CAST Application ID in your application and mention the post number in subject line.
Security Clearance is compulsory for all EU Staff in delegations and has to be requested by selected candidate before departure.