In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Product Designer/Sr Product Designer
What You'll Need To Succeed In This Role
- Product knowledge: You'll eventually need to deeply understand the technology and features of the Configure product area. You will need to grow your knowledge of API design and develop your understanding of technologies like Kubernetes and Terraform.
- UX Research : You'll conduct solution validation with the guidance of your Product Design Manager and incorporate insights into design decisions to fulfill user and business needs.
- Deliverables: You'll create deliverables for your product area (for example: competitive analyses, user flows, low fidelity wireframes, high fidelity mockups, prototypes, etc.) that solve real user problems through the user experience.
- Communication: You'll communicate the results of UX activities within your product area to the UX department, cross-functional partners within your product area, and other interested GitLab team members using clear language that simplifies complexity.
- Usability: You'll proactively identify both small and large usability issues within your product area.
- Iteration: You'll practice design iteration and take part in the monthly release process by breaking down the designs to fit release cadence, reviewing and approving merge requests submitted by developers
- Design system: You'll keep design components available and up to date in prototyping tools, ensuring that reusable components fit visually and functionally together, actively contribute to the Pajamas Design System .
- Design reviews: You'll participate in Design Reviews, giving and appropriately receiving feedback.
- UX debt: You'll understand UX debt and make recommendations for its resolution with the help of other Product Designers or your Product Design Manager.
You should apply if:
- You understand the developer workflow and you bring at least a couple of years of experience designing developer tools, enterprise software, or complex web applications.
- You're able to understand highly technical topics and discuss these with engineering and product management counterparts.
- You bring some hands-on technical skills or experiences. This could mean you bring experience with Git and its command line, you've used developer tools, written some frontend code, or bring experience designing where there isn't a UI e.g. command-line prompts, APIs, or Git commands.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
- You enjoy getting involved in research and usability testing, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You want to design for a complex product with technical users who have continually evolving needs.
- You are self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- You're able to demonstrate your product design skills across user research, UX strategy, wireframing, prototyping, product strategy, interaction design, and UI design during our Hiring Process .
- The idea of playing a key part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
You'll stand out if you bring:
- Knowledge of Terraform or Kubernetes.
- Experience designing APIs.
- You have a passion for open source tools or experience with GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap . You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Our hiring process for this Product Designer position typically follows five stages. The details of this process can be found within our job family page .
Our UX Department's goal is to make our product easy to use, supportive of contributions from the wider GitLab community, and built for a diverse global community. We want GitLab to be the easiest and most delightful product in its class.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE