In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
pplications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY ENTERPRISE DIVISION
Printers Journeyman (Press and Publications Department)
An opportunity has arisen for a Printers Journeyman at Midlands State University (MSU) Press and Publications Department, located in the Light Industrial Site of Gweru. MSU Press and Publications is a fast-growing and incredible workplace. The incumbent will be expected to produce printed objects and materials using assigned printing machinery.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Operating lithography printing machines.
- Matching colours for a print job per job request.
- Aligning and configuring printing machinery.
- Inspecting random production samples to evaluate the quality of printings.
- Troubleshooting issues with a printing machine and making adjustments to machine parts such as feeder, and delivery mechanism, suction gripper, guides and feed wheels, amongst other basic parts.
- Performing routine maintenance on printing machines.
- Maintaining good housekeeping around printing machinery (before, during and after printing).
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
- A National Diploma in Machine Printing from a recognised institution.
- The incumbent must have at least 5 years of working experience in the lithography printing industry.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Ability to operate or quickly learn to operate various printing machines.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
APPLICATIONS Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to: The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources) Midlands State University email@example.com Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Closing date for applications is 30 July 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to. *NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.