In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Part-Time Finance Officer
Part-Time Finance Officer: Local NGO
Deadline: 15 July 2021
A local NGO is inviting applications for the position of Part Time Finance Officer who will be required to work for 3 days a week.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Officer will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities: Providing financial advice/guidance to the Executive Director to ensure that strategic decisions with a financial implication are sound;
- Ensure all financial transactions strictly comply with organization policies and with donor contracts / agreements, guidelines and regulations;
- Training / inducting staff on the organization’s finance, administration policies, donor contracts / agreements, guidelines and regulations to ensure that their conduct guarantees compliance at all times;
- Prepare for annual external audits and respond to auditors if required;
- Ensure that all financial records are complete, up to date and filed systematically;
- Manage bank accounts and prepare periodic reconciliation statements;
- Scrutinize and release all requisitions for authorization by the Executive Director in accordance with organization’s financial management policies and established approval levels;
- Process payroll, calculate and remit tax and other statutory obligations; ZIMRA, NSSA, and complete necessary returns; Management of debtors, creditors and reimbursements of employee expenses and ensuring timely payment to all creditors;
- Prepare monthly financial reports of each project for the Executive Director;
- Perform month-end closing and year-end duties such as reconciliations, PAYE returns, inventory lists, etc; Responsible for procurement activities in accordance with organization’s procurement policy; Provide assistance to program staff and project budget preparation;
- Responsible for consolidating all the programs and operational transactions for specific donors, for annual reports and for sharing with relevant stakeholders.
Qualifications and experience
- The Finance Officer must have: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; ACCA/CIS and CIMA is an added advantage; Experience in using Pastel Evolution a must; 5 years similar experience in an NGO sector is a must.
Send your CV and academic certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org