In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
National Medical Director
National Medical Director
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international humanitarian organization operating in Zimbabwe, collaborating with the Ministry of Health & Child Care to create centres of excellence in health. AHF is looking for a National Medical Director.
The Medical Director (MD) contributes to AHFs mission, vision, and overall goal of achieving Global AIDS control by providing oversight, guidance, direction and ensuring implementation of all medical activities, at all stand-alone and supported facilities in the country. This position oversees the expansion of Medical and Quality of care initiatives within the country program ensuring delivery of high-quality standard of care for all patients through staff mentorship, supervision, and adherence to SOPs.
Job description & main responsibilities
The MDâs key responsibilities are to ensure that quality medical care is delivered to patients by providing leadership, management, supervision, and mentorship for medical teams including Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, Social workers, and other health professionals working within the program. The main accountabilities of this role include:
Team leadership and Management
- The position will oversee AHFs medical operations in the country program and support the Country Program Manager to efficiently and effectively deliver quality clinical services in the in the country;
- Provide technical support to the Prevention and Treatment program and ensure linkage from outreach activities to treatment and care program through well-established processes of monitoring patient linkage and service integration;
- Attend key technical partners meetings and provide feedback to management;
- Build knowledge capacity of teams by ensuring CMEs are conducted in all sites on a monthly basis and take the lead in the facilitation of CME sessions;
- Lead the development of work plans for the sites within his / her sphere of work;
- Participation in staff needs assessment, interviewing, and induction of new hired staff;
- Participation in setting performance targets and staff appraisals, disciplining and addressing complaints of employees under his /her supervision.
- Ensure standard quality of clinical services is delivered at all AHF supported sites in the program;
- The position will lead quality assurance initiatives in the program;
- Provide regular and routine comprehensive support supervision to all facilities supported by AHF and report back on the same to management;
- Promote the implementation of standard operating procedures for all activities relating to good clinical practice and ensure functional QI teams are in existence at site levels;
- Supervise and implement quality management activities including audits, quality benchmarks monitoring, facilitation of quality assurance and quality improvement sessions
- ; Strengthen and ensures TB / HIV, PMTCT, ART, SMC services are delivered in an integrated service delivery model;
- Ensure optimal operations of the laboratory services, including functioning of sample referral networks throughout the program;
- Provides on-site technical support and mentoring to the field staff and coordinate M&E of implemented services;
- Ensure effective patient flow in all sites, especially those with high volume of patients and coordinate time motion surveys to monitor performance;
- Oversee the timely collection, compilation and reporting of routine and specific data to guide decision making at all sites;
- Identify early warning resistance indicators and intervention strategies;
- Remain updated on current trends and standards in clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related illnesses;
- Participates in the elaboration/monitoring of annual targets and ensure that they are achieved in the relevant program areas;
- Work with the pharmacists to ensure that pharmacy operations are in accordance with good pharmacy practices;
- Identify and promote operational research at site level and build capacity among the staff for case presentations and elaboration of scientific papers;
- The position holder will be the point person for clinical management of difficult cases in the program;
- Spends 4 days per week providing direct patient care, mentorship of staff and one day for teaching, planning or report writing.
- Provides direct supervision and mentorship to doctors, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, working in the different facilities to ensure continuous growth and learning;
- Ensures timely compilation and submission of monthly drug inventory reports in coordination with the Program Pharmacists
Participation in AHF meetings / committees
- Management Meetings;
- Medical Directors calls;
- Technical Partnership and stakeholdersâ meetings;
- General Staff Meeting;
- Medical Staff Meeting;
- Mortality Audit Meeting;
- Meetings with lower health unitsâ heads; CME activities;
- Other meetings as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions;
- Must be a Medical Doctor from an accredited institution;
- Additional qualification in Health systems management, public health, Infectious disease, or Internal medicine is required;
- Minimum of 10 years medical / health service experience preferred with a sound knowledge of basic medical disciplines to allow for accurate diagnosis and appropriate management of clinical problems;
- Five years or more of recent experience with HIV / AIDS treatment;
- Minimum of 3 years administration and program management experience with knowledge of clinical protocols and procedures in the management of HIV related diseases;
- Experience in planning and budgeting required;
- Experience in quality management and assurance practices desired;
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Interested candidates should send their applications to email@example.com with a subject line National Medical Director – AHF Zimbabwe.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 November 2021