In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager
Education Development Trust will soon be implementing the FCDO funded Teacher Effectiveness and Equitable Access for all Children (TEACH) Programme in Zimbabwe. This new 5-year programme aims to create a strengthened and more sustainable national education system that is improving the quality of teaching and equitable access for all. There are three main objectives:
- Improved equitable access in primary and secondary schools - greater participation, retention and attainment of the poorest children, marginalised girls and children with disabilities.
- Improved quality of teaching – The quality of teaching is a central component to improving learning outcomes for all children, including the most marginalised. The TEACH programme will improve the capacity of primary and secondary teachers in Zimbabwe to deliver high-quality education using evidence-based targeted in-service teacher training
- A stronger, more sustainable national education system – To develop sustainable improvements, resources and training needs to be supported with wider system strengthening.
We are looking to appoint a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager who will support the efficient and effective implementation of the programme MEL strategy. The post holder will report to the Monitoring Evaluation and Research (MERL) Lead and be mainly responsible for programme monitoring, evaluation, learning and knowledge management as well as database management. They will have a key role early on in the programme in the conduct of a Teachers’ Knowledge and Skills Survey to inform the future direction of the programme
The MEL Manager should have:
- At least 8 years of experience in designing, managing, implementing and monitoring multi-year, multi-component education programmes working with systems design in developing countries
- Excellent data management skills, in particular, use of Excel AND other statistical software (e.g. SPSS, STATA) and a sound record of working on EMIS
- Knowledge of project and results-based management
- Demonstrated solid knowledge on education and gender and equity issues about education and the application of gender/equity analysis to policy and planning in education
- Demonstrated strong analytical, research skills, critical thinking
- Strong research background desired with an ability to design and analyse education data through proven methodologies
- Significant experience in training and capacity building of staff and implementing partner agencies
TO APPLY CLICK HERE