In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of Media and Social Media Engagement the Media Officer will play a central role in creating and disseminating media focussed material for the World Vision partnership. They will be the World Vision International (WVI) media point person and will respond to media enquiries from World Vision media leads and international media outlets. They will create key media messaging, be responsible for overseeing partnership wide dissemination of media content and manage media monitoring and analysis. This person will work closely with media departments across the partnership to ensure that media focused communications are strategically shared and coordinated. She or he will be an articulate and talented communicator, with strong interpersonal and organisational skills, a passion for the work that World Vision does and a commitment to creating international media awareness of it.
- Write, edit, and internally distribute content, including key messaging documents, press releases, website content, and other communications materials.
- Manage media monitoring and analysis tool, maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics. Provide WV partnership media leaders with ongoing media updates.
- Coordinate media leads and ensure that all World Vision offices continuously communicate with each other. This will include the management of ongoing partnership media leaders update calls and skype chats.
- Work with Communications and Media managers in World Vision offices across the partnership to establish relationships with key global media outlets.
- Work with the Director of Media and Social Media Engagement to develop and implement an effective strategy for media engagement.
- Create and edit key communications documents and guidelines to inform the partnership on communications strategy and best practice.
- Manage and coordinate World Vision International media trips.
- Work with Director of Public engagement (Partnerships) to support the research, establishment and management of paid media partnership relationships to support global moments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 5 years proven media relations or PR experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in coordinating media leads from a number of different offices.
- Sound editorial skills.
- An understanding of audience segmentation/ how to target key audiences.
- Ability to partner other teams in order to jointly plan media outreach.
- External relationship management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in using media monitoring and analysis tools.
- Experience in a global organization (NGO experience an advantage).
- Experience with faith based audiences.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel 20%.
To apply click HERE