In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Our client, the AFC Holdings (AFC) is a newly formed entity designed to provide the full range of Banking and Financial services to the Agricultural Sector. Operationally AFC Holdings has the following SBUs, inter-alia; AFC Commercial Bank, AFC Land and Agriculture Development Bank of Zimbabwe, AFC Insurance and AFC Leasing.
We have been exclusively retained by the Board of Directors to assist with the recruitment and selection of a highly qualified, experienced and competent candidate to fill the critical and strategic role of Managing Director. Reporting to the Board of Directors and Group Chief Executive Officer the primary purpose of his role is to provide the strategic vision, planning and operational leadership to ensure that LADBZ achieves its mandate for the transformation and development of agriculture by providing suitable and affordable financial instruments to all
farmers from a revolving fund.
Key Job Functions:
- Formulating the strategic business plan which will result in the Bank expanding its business activities through the use of appropriate and efficient marketing and sales strategies.
- Directing the activities of the bank such that the financial performance is in line with the Group set.
- Ensure that the Land Bank differentiates itself from other banks as the “go to” bank for agricultural financing.
- Setting objectives and targets in line with the overall business strategy that makes the Bank a key revenue growth area for the Group.
- Developing policies that assist in reducing business risks whilst increasing market share.
- Reviewing the performance of products and making recommendations on improvement.
- Advising Senior Management at a strategic level on operational risks that affect the business.
- Monitoring all lending activities so that they are within the laid down policies and procedures.
- Identifying additional revenue opportunities for the Bank.
- Take complete responsibility for the development and acceptance of challenging but realistic objectives and plans by immediate subordinates and help them to achieve desired results.
- Designing and implementing change programmes aimed at boosting employee productivity.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders locally, regionally and internationally.
- To establish world class systems to improve corporate governance standards and best practice in all functions.
Requirements of the Job:
The successful candidate for this Executive position should meet the following criteria:
- Must be a holder of a Finance/ Banking/ Economics/ Agriculture degree or equivalent and a post graduate qualification e.g. MBA/MBL.
- Senior Management experience of at least 10 years at an Executive level preferably in Banking or Agricultural Development Financing.
- Must have a clear understanding of Development Finance with particular focus on agriculture.
- Highly developed quantitative, qualitative, analytical, financial and conceptual skills.
- Ability to prepare business development structured proposals, work schedules and budgets.
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiating, organisational and communication skills.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and customer focused quality service delivery.
- Must be business minded, strategic thinker with impeccable integrity and good motivational and leadership skills.
Confidential enquiries may be directed to our Managing Consultant Emmanuel Jinda on +263 773 004 143, 712 605 025 or +263 (242) 772 778/ 770 035 or to Calistas Bumhira on +263 773 280 689
Fidelity Life Tower,
Closing Date for Applications is 30 June 2021