In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Information Technology (IT) Intern
Posted in I.C.T 3 days ago
Assist the Snr IT Officer with desktop support, troubleshooting desktop hardware/software problems, and carrying out projects as assigned in a culturally diverse environment. Properly document support, repair, and project activities using a helpdesk ticketing system. In general, free the Snr IT Officer from some of the day to day issues so he/she can focus on larger projects and IT initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine PC maintenance and updates for performance efficiency
- Supervise and process help desk support requests
- Assist in maintaining Internet service, firewalls, and telephone systems
- Initiate process improvements to better answer user demands
- Ask questions and get information in order to diagnose computer problems and discern what level of support is needed when a problem is presented
- Provide technical assistance to office staffs as needed.
- Assist in software and hardware upgrades
- Add or update workstations for office staffs
- Any other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously, but also able to recognize when you are in over your head
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2016, Windows 7, And Windows 10 in a domain environment
- Some familiarity with confidentiality requirements in a pseudo medical setting
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- HND/Graduate student in an IT field with at least two-years learning experience in computer systems operations
- Knowledgeable in MS Active Directory structure
- Software installations, backup and archive
- Hardware and software troubleshooting
- Printer and system maintenance
To apply click HERE