In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Information, Communication, Technology for Development (ICT4D) Specialist
Information, Communication, Technology for Development (ICT4D) Specialist: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Deadline: 28 June 2021
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States of America. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding. Registered in Zimbabwe under the PVO Act, certificate number 6/2002, CRS has been supporting program activities in Zimbabwe since 1989 and has long-standing relationships with Church and non-Church partners and communities throughout the country. The Zimbabwe program implements projects through 19 partners in 23 districts in the areas of health, OVC, food security and agricultural livelihoods, shelter, WASH and peacebuilding.
- Under the overall supervision of the Strategic Information & Knowledge Management Manager, the Specialist will be responsible for developing and maintaining an extensive project database in which all project data will be stored.
- S/he will contribute to the design of relevant data protocols and assist in standardizing data management procedures such as documentation and reporting as per PEPFAR standards. Tasks include: Generate accurate and timely data that can be used to inform project direction and strategic decisions;
- Integrate and provide technical support to project and partners staff in the use of ICT4D applications; Review, analyze, and validate data to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy based on project specific guidelines;
- Work with stakeholders to advise on appropriate ICT4D strategies and quality solutions for the project that enhance efficiency and improve analysis;
- Participate in field monitoring visits with project teams and implementing partners and apply appropriate Data Quality Assessment (DQA) tools and process for joint decisions and actions; Provide technical support (training, tools, etc.) to partners and communities to effectively monitor and advocate for quality OVC service delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or another relevant field;
- Demonstrated professional expertise in development and management of ICT systems, Databases, ICT4D solutions and development and design of information systems;
- At least 3 years’ experience in the NGO sector; Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities;
- Ability to think strategically and to rapidly analyze diverse information from varied sources;
- Ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with government officials, international donors, partners, and other key stakeholders.
Those who meet the above criteria are invited to submit their applications together with a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae that includes the names and email addresses of three traceable references. Applications should be clearly marked with the position applied for, e.g, “ICT4D Specialist in the email subject line.
Please submit to The Country Representative at the following email address: Zimbabwe.email@example.com Note that we will be shortlisting as we receive applications. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
CRS does not charge application fees or processing fees to potential applicants or any fee throughout the recruitment process
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
By applying for this job, the candidate understands and acknowledges that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect. Further, s/he understands that if successful, s/he will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate the candidate’s behaviors related to safeguarding-related topics.