In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Human Resource and Administration Officer
Human Resource and Administration Officer
Zambezi River Authority is seeking a highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean National to fill the vacant position of Human Resource and Administration Officer in the Corporate Services Department, to be based at Kariba Office, Zimbabwe.
To manage all human resource and administration functions and activities designed to attract, motivate and retain qualified and motivated employees in order to enhance efficient and effective management of all human resource and administration operations and processes in the Authority.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager — Human Resource and Administration.
The Human Resource and Administration Officer will carry out the following key responsibilities:-
- Undertaking of all activities pertaining to the recruitment and selection processes in the Authority by ensuring that all activities undertaken are in compliance with the Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedures.
- Undertaking of all activities pertaining to Training and Development and ensuring that all Departments / Sections / Units develop training plans for employees each year.
- Managing all Employee Relations and Welfare activities by ensuring that all processes and activities under Employee / Management relations, Employee Welfare, Employee Morale and Engagement, Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures, Employee Medical Scheme, Employee Loans, Employee Pension Scheme, HIV/AIDS activities and Compensation and Benefits are done timeously in addition to providing the necessary support and /or guidance to the business.
- Implementing and managing employee wellness programmes.
- Ensuring effective implementation of the Authority’s Employment Code of Conduct.
- Undertaking of all activities pertaining to employee placements i.e. employee transfers, acting appointments, promotions, separations and the like.
- Managing all Reward and Recognition activities by ensuring that all incentive schemes such as long service awards, excellence awards and annual performance bonus are undertaken timeously.
- Managing all issues pertaining to the talent management system by ensuring that talent management programmes for key employees are effectively implemented.
- Managing all activities pertaining to the performance management system by ensuring effective execution of the Performance Management System Action Plan for each year within the set timelines.
- Conducting performance reviews for subordinates and providing the necessary support to the business in order to ensure that the execution of the Performance Management System Action Plan is undertaken within set timelines.
- Managing Human Resource and Administration initiatives by ensuring effective maintenance of all employee records and effective management of all HRAprocesses.
- Investigating all Occupational Health and Safety related incidents/ accidents and making necessary recommendations and claims where possible.
- Participating in the formulation of the Human Resource and Administration Section’s Annual Budget.
- Taking Minutes and producing Matters Arising/ Actions Taken Reports in respect of Employee meetings.
- Providing secretarial services for the Human Resource Management Committee.
- Ensuring that all Human Resource and Administration initiatives are undertaken in accordance with the provisions of the Terms and Conditions of Service and the Human Resource and Administration Policies and Procedures Manual and all other relevant policies and procedures
- Overseeing the execution of Administrative Support Services at Kariba Office.
- Dealing with all Human Resource and Administration matters in the Water Resources and Environmental Management Department including attending Departmental meetings as the Human Resource and Administration Business Partner for the said Section.
- Ensuring that all employees are availed updated Job Descriptions duly approved by the Head of Department and signed off by the job holders respecting the Water Resources and Environmental Management Department as the Human Resource and Administration Business Partner.
- Preparing annual Human Resource Plans regarding all initiatives to be undertaken in the Water Resources and Environmental Management Department in liaison with the business.
- Conducting exit interviews for non-managerial employees who resign from the employment of the Authority.
- Processing all activities pertaining to all ex-employees.
- Producing Monthly Reports on all Human Resource Activities.
- Preparing a yearly Human Resource Plan for the Authority in liaison with the business.
- Serving as a Principal Officer for the Zambezi River Authority Pension Scheme for Zimbabwe
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Five (5)‘O’ Levels with “Cs’ or better (including English, Mathematics and any Science subject).
Academic / Professional Qualifications:
- Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- Full professional membership.
- Certificate of Proficiency in Pension Scheme Management/Trusteeship as added advantage
- Minimum Experience: Five (5) years of relevant experience.
OTHER KEY COMPETENCIES
- Team player
- Leadership Skills
- Results Oriented
- Problem Solving Skills
- Customer Focus
- Effective Communication Skills
- Planning and Organizational Skills
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Permanent and Pensionable
Please take notice that in a quest to ensure that the Authority achieves one of its strategic goals regarding Workplace Gender Equity and Equality, female candidates are encouraged to APPLY.
Written application letters together with detailed CVs and certified photocopies of academic & professional certificates should be forwarded to:
Senior Manager – Human Resource and Administration,
Zambezi River Authority,
Harare Office Club Chambers,
Nelson Mandela Avenue,
P.O Box 630,
21 Lake Drive
Pvt Bag 2001,
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS WILL BE 21ST DECEMBER 2021