In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
HR and Admin Officer
APOPO is a Belgium Humanitarian Demining Organization that operates in Zimbabwe and is looking for:
HR and Admin Officer
Responsible to: Administration and Finance Manager
The HR and Admin Officer will provide efficient and timely administrative and HR support and seek at all times to raise the efficiency and quality of human resources and administrative systems across the Programme.
Follow up and manage the HR action plan referring to recruitment of national staff, contracts and similar
Ensure APOPO’s legality through regular dialogue with our legal advisor and the local administration concerning legal obligations in relation to the working code (contracts, legal aspects…)
Responsible for the implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures and ensure they are effective, efficient, fair, transparent and that they promote equal opportunities.
Develops together with other departmental managers HR planning strategies and policies
Conducts the process of recruitment and selection of new staff including the preparation of vacancy announcements, interviews, shortlisting and conducting background and reference checks for the selected candidate/s.
- Handles all processes related to employment, probation, and termination process
- Deals with staff grievances and implements disciplinary procedures where necessary
- Responsible for organising and conducting regular performance evaluations of all national staff
- Liaises with a range of people involved in policy areas such as employee performance and benefits
- Prepare the staff payroll processes in coordination with Administration and Finance Manager
- Tracks leave, eligibility and balances of all staff ensuring records are kept updated as per organisational requirements.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for HR matters and handles HR related queries from staff to resolution or escalation as necessary
- Handle all statutory obligations
- Supervise administrative aspects relevant to expatriates
- Supervise the administrative and training aspects relevant to national personnel
- Welcome and supervise external visits to the program
- Ensure proper coordination within the Programme’s finance and other departments
- Provide necessary coverage for administrative and finance staff in their absence
- Help the Finance Manager with administrative and salaries stipulating and revision
- Promote initiative and teamwork among all staff members to increase cooperation and the development of the Programme
- Visit operational sites as required
- Maintain a positive attitude and work in diplomatic, patient, and conscientious manner with all colleagues
- Other duties as assigned by the Administration and Finance Manager
The candidate must be mature and have a relevant degree with a minimum of 3-years of work experience preferably in the NGO sector.
Candidates who do not meet the requirements but have the relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position they are applying for in the subject line by 08-12-2021 COB
PLEASE NOTE THAT SHORTLISTING WILL BE DONE ON A ROLLING BASIS AND THEREFORE APPLICATIONS MIGHT CLOSE BEFORE THE DUE DATE IF A SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS FOUND.