In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Group Finance Director
Strategic Role in the Financial Services Sector
Our client, the AFC Holdings (AFC) is a newly formed entity designed to provide the full range of Banking and Financial services to the Agricultural Sector. Operationally AFC Holdings has the following SBUs, inter-alia; AFC Commercial Bank, AFC Land and Agriculture Development Bank of Zimbabwe, AFC Insurance and AFC Leasing.
We have been exclusively retained to find a professional with the right credentials to take up the strategic and highly challenging position of Group Finance Director. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the financial, and operational aspects of the Group as well as grow shareholder value through the development, review and implementation of sound financial strategies in conformity with the Group’s strategic plans and objectives. The position reports directly to the Group Chief Executive Officer and operates as part of the Group Shared services team.
Key Job Functions:
- To provide regular, sound and accurate financial advice and information to the Board, Group CEO and other management team members of the Group.
- Formulate and implement short and long term financial policies, strategies and plans.
- Develop, recommend and implement innovative ways to increase revenue and reduce costs in order to increase profitability.
- Formulate budget framework for the Group bi-annually and annually in accordance with strategy determined by the Board.
- Oversee timeous and accurate financial reporting.
- Ensure that all accounting and reporting is accurate and in accordance with IFRS.
- Develop and implement effective internal financial controls.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investments requirements.
- Formulate measures to mitigate financial risk in the Group on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and implement innovative strategies and plans to smooth cash-flows.
- Coordinate year-end process, External Auditors and support the Board Audit Committee.
- Ensure adherence to sound corporate governance principles.
- Ensure the development and acceptance of challenging but realistic objectives, plans and budgets by immediate subordinates and help them to achieve desired results.
- To ensure that continuous improvement philosophy is implemented throughout the Finance functions.
Requirements of the Job:
The successful candidate for this Executive position should meet the following criteria:
- Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant and a holder of a post graduate qualification such as MBA/MBL.
- At least 15 years progressive corporate working experience in Financial Management with at least 10 years at Senior Management level. Financial Services sector experience an added advantage.
- Possession of strong leadership skills .
- Have strength and vision to influence Executive Management decisions.
- A team player who is able to interact confidently at Board level.
- Must be able to demonstrate capacity for maintaining high professional standards.
Confidential enquiries may be directed to our Managing Consultant Emmanuel Jinda on +263 773 004 143, 712 605 025 or +263 (242) 772 778/ 770 035 or to Calistas Bumhira on +263 773 280 689
Fidelity Life Tower,
Closing Date for Applications is 30 June 2021