In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Group Company Secretary
Excellent Opportunity for Career Growth in the Financial Services Sector
Our client, the AFC Holdings (AFC) is a newly formed entity designed to provide the full range of Banking and Financial services to the Agricultural Sector. Operationally AFC Holdings has the following SBUs, inter-alia; AFC Commercial Bank, AFC Land and Agriculture Development Bank of Zimbabwe, AFC Insurance and AFC Leasing.
We have been exclusively engaged to assist with the recruitment and selection of a suitable, competent, experienced and qualified Group Company Secretary. Reporting to the Group Chairman of the Board and the Group Chief Executive Officer and as part of the Group Shared Services team, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and sustaining a platform for excellence in Corporate Governance as well as
overseeing all Legal, Regulatory and Compliance issues across the Group. As part of the Group Executive Management team the incumbent is expected to play a key role in the overall management of the Group.
Key Job Functions:
- Provide Company Secretarial services to the Board of Directors
- Provide expert advise to the Board, Board Committees and Management on all statutory, constitutional and corporate governance requirements.
- Develop annual calender of Quarterly Board and Committee meetings, Board seminars, ad hoc meetings and AGM.
- Organise and prepare agenda’s and papers for Board, Board Committee meetings and AGM.
- To attend all Board and Board Committee meetings as well as the AGM to record minutes, highlighting decisions and next steps and are approved and distributed in a timely manner.
- Manage any follow-up actions from the Board, Board Committee and key Executive Management meetings.
- Manage the Organisation’s policy framework and approval process and ensure that policies are developed and presented to the Board and Management for review.
- Liaise with external Regulators and Advisors such as Lawyers and Auditors.
- To deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports ensuring decisions are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders.
- Draft and review legal documents such as leases and contracts.
- Proactively safeguard the Organisation against legal risks.
- Act as the custodian of the Organisations governance documents and policies.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action.
Requirements of the Job:
The successful candidate for this Executive position should meet the following criteria:
- Must be a holder of a Bachelors of Law Honours Degree and a post graduate qualification e.g. MBA/MBL.
- At least 10 years experience in a corporate legal environment of which 5 years must be as a Secretary to the Board in a substantial organisation.
- Exceptional organisation skills with very strong attention to detail.
- Must have excellent understanding of Corporate Governance and compliance issues.
- Must have ability to provide guidance, make decisions and interact with all stakeholders with tact, strong judgement, discretion and confidence.
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential or sensitive information.
- Must be a member of the Law Society of Zimbabwe.
Confidential enquiries may be directed to our Managing Consultant Emmanuel Jinda on +263 773 004 143, 712 605 025 or +263 (242) 772 778/ 770 035 or to Calista's Bumhira on +263 773 280 689
Fidelity Life Tower,
The closing Date for Applications is 30 June 2021