In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Group Chief Executive Officer
Outstanding Leader and Visionary Required for this Critical Role
Our client, the AFC Holdings (AFC) is a newly formed entity designed to provide the full range of Banking and Financial services to the Agricultural Sector. Operationally AFC Holdings has the following SBUs, inter-alia; AFC Commercial Bank, AFC Land and Agriculture Development Bank of Zimbabwe, AFC Insurance and AFC Leasing.
Following the launch of AFC Holdings we have been exclusively engaged by the client to assist with the recruitment and selection of a dynamic professional with the ability to drive business performance to fill the critical and strategic role of Group Chief Executive Officer. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors the incumbent will be responsible for leading the Executive Management of the Group’s businesses consistent with the strategy and commercial objectives agreed by the Board as well as the overall stewardship of the Group including fiscal management, revenue generation, profitability, staff development and operations.
Key Job Functions:
- To ensure that the Group’s business plans, commercial operations and strategies are developed, reviewed, agreed upon and implemented to meet the goals set for growth and profitability.
- Monitor the external environment, regulatory condition, read the market, anticipate change and alert the Board to these and assess the likely impact of change to the business.
- Ensure that opportunities for business development are identified and recommendations made to the Board of Directors as appropriate.
- Review and take remedial action where necessary of all business units for sustainable profitable performance.
- To create conditions and processes to support and sustain change through balancing people, financial resources, technology and operations.
- Safeguard Group assets and increase/preserve shareholder value at all times.
- Establish an efficient and timely performance measurement and reporting system.
- Assess the principal risk of the Group and ensure that risk is effectively addressed in all aspects of the group’s business.
- Provide leadership for the management of business complexities, being sensitive to operational, stakeholders, political, socio-economic and public policy issues
- Promote and conduct the affairs of the Group with the highest standards of integrity, probity and corporate governance.
- Ensure succession and contingency plans and resources are in place for all key operational roles.
- Ensure that key positions in the organisation are staffed with the calibre of people who are motivated to meet ongoing challenges.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders locally, regionally, and internationally.
Requirements of the Job:
The successful candidate for this Executive position should meet the following criteria:
- Must have a relevant Business Degree and a post graduate qualification e.g. MBA/MBL.
- At least 15 years experience of which 10 should be at Executive Management level preferably within finance, banking or agricultural development financing.
- Must demonstrate sound understanding of the dynamics in the Agriculture sector.
- Must have a proven track record of driving business growth in a substantial organisation.
- A strong understanding of Corporate Governance standards
- Strong leadership skills, excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrable ability to develop long term strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Must be business minded, strategic thinker whose integrity is beyond reproach
Confidential enquiries may be directed to our Managing Consultant Emmanuel Jinda on +263 773 004 143, 712 605 025 or +263 (242) 772 778/ 770 035 or to Calistas Bumhira on +263 773 280 689
Fidelity Life Tower,
Closing Date for Applications is 30 June 2021