In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Goat Manager (1 Post)
Posted in Other 3 days ago
Bindura University of Science Education is seeking for the services of a qualified, mature and experienced person to fill up the post of Goat Manager, on its Farm Business Unit at SOS Glen Avillin Farm.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Agricultural Animal Science or related discipline;
- Diploma in Animal Science and Health Production;
- Five (5) ‘O’ level passes including English Language, Science and Mathematics;
- At least two (2) years’ experience in animal production, management and maintenance of farm machinery and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Goat Manager shall be as follows:
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in coordinating Goat Project Strategic Planning and Reviews;
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in developing Annual Work Plans including Production, Marketing and Training Plans Infrastructure and Equipment Maintenance, Plans, Staff Development Plans, Disease and parasite control measures, maintaining goat handling facilities;
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in updating Farm Standard Operating Procedures;
- Assisting Project Coordinator in implementing best practices in goat management
Implementation of Farm Activities
- Ensuring timely purchase of machinery, equipment and goat production inputs;
- Coordinating and supervise day to day goat production activities;
- Coordinating day to day maintenance activities including engineering, equipment and infrastructure;
- Inspecting equipment to ensure proper functioning;
- Marketing goat products including semen
Human Resources Management
- Interpreting and implementing government and Bindura University of Science Education policies with regard to labour managememt;
- Enforcing occupational health and safety regulations
- Maintaining accurate financial and administrative records;
- Maintaining accurate production records;
- Maintaining an up to date asset inventory;
- Maintaining accurate human resources records;
- Employ ICT in record keeping.
- Negotiating with relevant government departments, banks, and input suppliers to obtaining equipment and inputs loans or contract on behalf of the University;
- Linking the Goat Project with potential partners
- Preparing weekly reports;
- Preparing of the financial statements
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. Applicants who responded to our previous advert for Assistant Registrar, Vice-Chancellor’s Office post need not to re-apply. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 02 October 2023.
To View More Jobs Click HERE