In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Unki Mines (Private) Limited, has an exciting position for a Geometallurgist where you will be expected to deliver safe, responsible Geometallurgical assistance to the Unki Mine with an emphasis on seeking out opportunities for continuous performance improvement.
We’re the best in the industry. You’ll make us better.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives", delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
You will be required to the following duties:
- Rock Characterization - Coordinate development, implementation and management of bespoke workflows that yield the right data at the right time to inform value-based decisions across all mine and project planning horizons, including fit for purpose sampling, data acquisition and data management and QA/QC protocols.
- Material Definition – Provide comprehensive Geometallurgical support in material definition to enable all tactical activities at the Operation. This includes value calculations, ore feed strategy, reducing process variability through blending & stockpiling methodology and material class-based plant optimization to maximize value delivery for each ore type.
- Geometallurgical/Geological Interpretation, Modelling and Estimation – Coordinate development, implementation and management of bespoke process to produce fully integrated 3D data environment that encompasses all relevant rock attributes and the impact on value.
- Planning and Design – Ensure information availability for incorporation into all value-based operational planning, design and decision-making. This includes maintaining close relationship with Drill and Blast to inform blast designs and parameters to optimize fragmentation.
- Value Chain (Resource to Market)
- Assisting technology development teams in defining the Opportunity with regards to new technology and technological advancements: Provide support in the provision of relevant geological and geometallurgical information and assist in the acquisition of suitable samples for testing.
This position is in the Discovery & Geosciences Department at a Band 6 and will be reporting to the Geology Manager
You will be required to have the following Qualifications:
- Degree in Geosciences.
- Minimum 2 years PGE mining geology experience.
- Minimum 2 years resource drilling and sampling practice experience.
- Proficient in establishing and implementing a culture within discipline in which safety and health is paramount and that results in zero fatalities
- Data analysis and management for decision-making
- Post-graduate studies in Geometallurgy and Business management an added advantage
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How We Are Committed To Your Safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE