In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
We are currently seeking for an assertive, driven and team orientated Geology Technician at Unki Mines -Zimbabwe, who will be responsible to conduct grade control, geotechnical mapping, supervises & coaches subordinates and co-ordinates sampling operations in the mine whilst maximizing ore flow and preventing dilution.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives", delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Here's an exciting opportunity to join us.
Coal, providing heat to make electricity and steel, remains the great driver of the industrial world. We are a leading global supplier, with our select group of high performing Mpumalanga-based assets delivering millions of tons of thermal coal a year to export markets across several continents.
People. Process. Performance.
You’ll keep sight of it all.
As a Geology Technician you will be responsible for reef identification, ore control, underground mapping, rock mass data collection and rock mass monitoring services in underground operations and your role will include:
- Ensuring reef and correct position of mining cut at the start of the mining cycle
- Monitoring and capturing stope widths measurements in MRM Systems
- Coordinating and controlling all stay on reef sampling for accurate reef identification
- Tracking ore movement from sections and eliminate ore dilution
- Performing daily Panel Risk Assessments in active mining panels and ensure adherence to ventilation, rock engineering, and relevant mining standards.
- Maintaining that sections are updated in terms of geological and geotechnical mapping.
- Capturing and updating plans in MicroStation / Broad-stroke
- Ensuring support and pillars cutting compliance
- Performing hanging wall borehole camera inspections for structure.
- Conducting regular rock mass classification and joint data collection and updating the databases
- Diploma in Geology or Higher National Diploma in Geology.
- Computer literacy
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Geological Technician
- Experience in platinum mining
- Knowledge of Safety, Health, and Environment systems
- Knowledge of blasting practices, possession of mine blasting license, strata control certificate or experience in strata control/rock mechanics will be an added advantage
- Medical certificate of fitness
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How We Are Committed To Your Safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date: 05 December 2021
To apply click HERE