In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Finance Assistant x2
Finance Assistant x2
Designation Finance Assistant x2 Date Advertised 1 December 2021 Business Unit Finance Geographical Area Zimbabwe Department Finance Vacancy Manager Finance Manager Purpose of the job To process all invoices received for payment and undertake the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. Also, to provide accounting support and assist in preparing and submitting statutory returns, prepare analyses and reconciliations as well as the maintaining of financial records and other documents.
Main Focus Areas Finance Assistant: Statutory Reporting
• Preparing tax payments and returns before due dates
• Reconciling the various tax accounts in both the tax authorities’ and the Bank’s books
• Preparing various regulatory returns and submit to regulators on time
• Attending to all queries raised by tax authorities and regulatory bodies
• Analyse daily GL balance movements, investigate anomalies and provide explanations including initiating correcting journals
• Reconciling all suspense and clearing accounts (FCUBS & Fusion)
• Providing support to the Accountant on the month-end close process through availing schedules and posting journals
• Reconciling key balance sheet and income lines and ensure that all such reconciliations are reviewed, and reconciling items cleared timeously Finance Assistant: Payments
• Processing payments on daily basis
• Checking accuracy of invoices i.e., amount, authorisation, and narration
• Ensuring that all payments have sufficient and properly completed documentation before processing for payments • Paying foreign creditors ensuring they all have valid contracts and relevant taxes are withheld
• Processing expense reports, cash advances and petty cash accurately and timely
• Prepaying payments schedules and expense analyses
• Obtain ZIMRA tax clearance certificates for all suppliers/ service providers
• Compiling journal uploads and dispatch correction journals to other departments for capturing
• Capturing data relating to Accounts payables and Accounts Receivables into FlexCube and Fusion
• Developing and maintain Excel spreadsheets to support Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables reconciliations.
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Accounting / Finance degree from an accredited University
• At least 1-year relevant work experience in financial and clerical services and must have exposure to banking financial systems.
Skills and Competencies:
• Positive attitude.
• Attention to detail.
• Risk awareness.
• Task oriented
• Efficient time management.
• Ambitious and energetic, able to get things done.
• Confident and resilient.
• Excellent communicator.
• Maturity and credibility Job Related Knowledge
• Financial accounting skills, knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and Zimbabwean Banking Act.
• Experience in compiling debtors and creditors reconciliations.
• Knowledge of internal controls
• Computer literacy in spreadsheets, accounting packages and implementation of finance packages
• Computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office packages.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching all your academic certificates and National ID with the Heading: “Finance Assistant: Payments or Finance Assistant: Statutory Reporting”. APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY. Closing date: 03 December 2021 1630hrs. V