In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Farm Manager (1 Post)
Posted in Other 3 days ago
Farm Manager (1 Post)
Bindura University of Science Education is seeking for the services of a qualified, mature and experienced person to fill up the post of Farm Manager, on its Farm Business Unit at SOS Glen Avillin Farm.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science (Hons) Degree in Agriculture and a National Diploma in Agriculture from a recognized Agricultural College;
- A Master of Science degree in Crop or Animal Science would be an added advantage;
- Five (5) ‘O’ level passes including English Language, Science and Mathematics;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in crops and animal production, management and maintenance of farm machinery and equipment.
Skills and attributes
- The Farm Manager must demonstrate innovativeness, orderliness, responsibility, accountability, efficiency, excellent communication, planning, budgeting, marketing and ICT skills;
- Be able to write technical reports and foster team work.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Farm Manager shall be responsible for ensuring that the farm is profitable and meets projected financial targets. The Farm Manager’s duties and responsibilities shall include the following:-
Key Result Area 1: Planning
- Coordinate development of Farm Strategic Plan and reviews;
- Develop Annual Work Plans including Production and Marketing Plans, Infrastructure and Equipment Maintenance Plans, Staff Development Plans;
- Farm budgeting;
- Updating Farm Standard Operating Procedures;
- Develop annual fire guarding activities;
- Planning farm conservation practices.
Key Result Area 2: Implementation of Farm activities
- Ensure timely purchase of farm machinery, equipment and agricultural inputs;
- Coordinate and supervise day to day crop and livestock production activities;
- Coordinate day to day maintenance activities including engineering, equipment and infrastructure;
- Inspect equipment to ensure proper functioning;
- Implement farm best practices;
- Advertise and sell crop, livestock and other Farm products.
Key Result Area 3: Human Resources Management
- Interpret and implement government and Bindura University of Science Education policies with regard to labour management;
- Enforce health and safety regulations;
- Encourage skills training for farm workers.
Key Result Area 4: Record Keeping
- Maintain accurate financial and administrative records;
- Maintain accurate production records;
- Maintain asset inventory;
- Maintain accurate human resources records;
- Employ ICT in farm record keeping.
Key Result Area 5: Resource Mobilization
- Negotiate with relevant government departments, banks, and input suppliers to obtain equipment and inputs loans or contracts on behalf of the Farm Trust Board;
- Link the Farm Board Trust with potential partners.
Key Result Area 6: Reporting
- Preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports;
- Preparation of the Financial Statements
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. Applicants who responded to our previous advert for Assistant Registrar, Vice-Chancellor’s Office post need not to re-apply. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 02 October 2023.
To View More Jobs Click HERE