In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
External Conflict Assessment(Consultant)
About Silveira House
Founded in 1964, Silveira House is a Jesuit Catholic organization which was very influential in providing forums for discussions to counteract the socio-political injustice during the pre-independence era. Over the past fifty – six (56) years, Silveira House, in partnership with various stakeholders, has built the capacity of thousands of various groups and individuals through industrial relations, youth and women empowerment, community-based health, sustainable agriculture, vocational and commercial skills training, community development, peace building and advocacy and lobbying programmes. Currently the organization runs four programmes namely Technical and Vocational skills, Advocacy and Peace building, Community Development & the Socio Economic Research and Analysis Programme.
Silveira House, in partnership with Plan International Zimbabwe and Junior Achievement Zimbabwe is implementing a 3 year – project – “Youth Economic Empowerment and Social Cohesion” funded by BMZ. Besides engaging in Youth Economic Empowerment, the project seeks to further social cohesion between different groups in Mwenezi district, especially among the youth. Silveira House seeks to engage a consultant to carry out a conflict assessment in 6 wards in Mwenezi.
Objectives of the assessment
- The specific objectives of the assessment are to: Have an insight into power dynamics, root causes, drivers of conflict (sources of tension) and stakeholders affected by tensions in Mwenezi district;
- Provide guidance to understanding and applying conflict sensitivity throughout project cycle, especially related to participant selection;
- Assess whether the planned intervention may have a negative or positive impact on existing conflicts or tensions if any.
- The study should be conflict sensitive and review the M&E in general and also review the project indicators and suggested measurement techniques (see impact matrix in the proposal) and suggest adjustment if needed and have in-depth understanding of how different identified groups (Kalanga, Ndebele, Shona, young women and men) are affected by conflict, and the differential impacts of conflict on the lives of women, men, boys and girls.
Terms of reference
Please find the detailed terms of reference for this opportunity here
Requirements of the assessment consultancy
- The Lead consultant should meet the following minimum requirements: In-depth knowledge and vast experience in conflict resolution and conflict management;
- documented experience in conflict assessment, using a range of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methods and strong analytical and report writing skills;
- Demonstrable capacity to deliver high quality outputs within the proposed time frame;
- Experience of over 10 years in the field of peace and conflict studies and familiarity with Zimbabwe conditions (political, economic, social and cultural) will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in use of computers especially latest word/data processing packages a must; and Evaluation Team will provide a statement within their proposal on how they will ensure ethics and child protection in the process of data collection and visits.
Interested bidders are invited to forward their expression of interest and proposal by email or in a sealed envelope Marked; “Conflict Assessment'' addressed to: The Programmes Manager, Silveira House Jesuit Social Justice and Development Centre, Arcturus Road, Chishawasha, Harare; email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline: 25 June 2021