In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacant senior management post of Executive Secretary within the Zimbabwe Land Commission Secretariat.
External Vacancy Notice: Number 01 of 2021
Reporting to: Zimbabwe Land Commission
Summary of duties and responsibilities
- Provides advice to the Chairperson of the Commission and chairs of the Committee meetings
- Attends Commission meetings
- Is the Accounting Officer of the Commission
- Contributes to the development of the Commission vision and five-year Strategic Plans
- Develops the annual strategic plan, programme targets and budget in line with the Commission Five Year Strategic Plan and NDSP 1
- Implements decisions of the Commission.
- Manages the day to day operations of the Commission and safeguards its assets including supervision of Secretariat staff
- Effectively communicates Commission decision to management for implementation
- Ensures that the Commission finances and audits are always up-to-date
- Is responsible for effective succession planning at management level
- Is responsible for continuous improvements of the commission products, services and performance
- Initiates research in line with the Commission constitutional mandate
- Develops and manages stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrates good leadership skills
- Ensures that records are maintained in good order
- Ensures that the various government legal and strategic requirements are observed and implemented such as the Public Finance and Management Act Ch. 22:1 and Land Commission Act Ch. 20:2 and PRAZ Act
- Ensures that government circulars issued from time to time are implemented
- Ensures that Commission finances and audits are always up to date
- To ensure adherence to the Commission Service Charter and Code of Conduct and Ethics
- To ensure the development and implementation of human capital development
- Performs such other functions as may be assigned by the Zimbabwe Land Commission
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Possession of a degree in Agricultural sciences, Agricultural Economics, Land Management, Public Administration and Management, Geography and Environmental Science.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of, or be professionally qualified in, the principles pertaining to the best practices inland management and administration.
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Development Economics, Land Management and Administration, Strategic Management, Geography, Environmental Science and Public Administration
- PhD in any one of the related fields would be an added advantage
- A minimum of ten (10) years of service in the public sector, eight (8) years experience as a senior manager in land management and administration.
- Have basic principles of strategic management
- Be computer literate
Interested and qualified persons should submit applications, detailed curriculum vitae, and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications in a sealed envelope cleared marked (Executive Secretary Post) and be addressed to:
Zimbabwe Land Commission
19280 Borrowdale Road
Block 1, Celestial Park,
Hand-delivered applications should be dropped in a box provided for that purpose on the First floor, Records Office.
Due date for submission of applications is 3 December 2021 at 15:30 hours.