In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Engineer – CS & Data Centre Planning x1
Engineer – CS & Data Centre Planning x1
The main purpose of the job is to perform the planning, design, development, roll out and optimization of CS and Data Centre technologies to ensure adequate network capacity and capabilities that support business requirements, quality of experience (QOE) and services in line with international standards and best practice.
- Develops required Core and Data Centre system topologies, designs, architectures, dimensions and location and costing of required technology capabilities
- Forecasts on demand requirements for both hardware, software and licensing of Core and Data Centre to support business demands
- Provides CAPEX budget inputs for new or enhancements for Core and Data Centre systems resources and functionalities required to support business requirements
- Produces Circuit Switched network (CS) resource capacity projections and forecasts based on expected market growth (demand), number of customers and service usage needs to achieve a match between capacity and demand and minimize operational costs through direct reports.
- Determines traffic profiles and converts them to technical models for capacity planning for user traffic and signaling traffic for the following platforms: MSCs/VLRs, MGWs, HLRs, Data Centre-computing servers, Storage and Network
- Plans the capacity evolution from CS Core systems – 2G, 3G, 4G, IMS, and Wi-Fi calling to future technology needs like 5G, IoT etc.
- Performs planning and designing of Data Centre systems (Computing servers, Software, Storage and Network) and virtualization architecture providing secure and efficient cloud computing requirements to support business growth and computing
- Generate High level Designs (HLD), Low Level Designs (LLD), Scope of Works(SoW), Provisional acceptance Tests, User Acceptance Tests documentation through direct reports
- Researches, reviews and selects CS Network topologies that are scalable, secure and reliable to support the business requirements e.g. High availability through Active/Active, Active/standby, N+1 etc.
- Provides solutions for implementation, integration and acceptance testing of Circuit switched network plans and designs as per specifications
- Conducts periodic assessments for Data Centre Servers, Software, Storage Disks and network nodes and tools and recommends necessary action.
- Reviews EOL(End of Life ) schedule for Core network, Data Centre systems and recommends changes and retirement or removal of technology and associated resource types, which are no longer required by the enterprise
- Leads baseline audits for Data Center, Core (PS&CS), IN/Billing and VAS systems for planning purposes
- Receives and analyses Data Centre, Core (PS & CS), IN/Billing and VAS usage statistics against agreed KPIs and best practice so as to identify areas of improvement i.e. on under-dimensioned resources or over-dimensioned.
- Generates CS and Data Centre Change Requests and Internal Work Orders (IWOs) for resource provisioning
- Enforces audit and insurance compliance through implementing recommended standards
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- 6 O Levels Including Mathematics, Science and English.
- 2 A Level passes
- Degree in Electronic, Electrical, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Relevant post graduate or vocational qualification will be an added advantage.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in telecoms, of which 1 years should be in GSM/mobile field
To apply for the above listed position, kindly follow the link below to register your candidate profile and apply directly on our recruitment portal:
Please note only short listed applicants will be responded to