In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Database and Information Management Officer (Sango Border Campsite / Masvingo Office)
Responsible to: Operations Manager
APOPO is a Belgium Humanitarian Demining Organization that operates in Zimbabwe.
The information and database officer will assist with information and running of the database following APOPO Mine Action policies and procedures.
Specific responsibilities are as follows.
- Perform tasks corresponding to the professional category defined by the employer with utmost diligence and efficiency, according to the best standards generally accepted in their profession or professional qualification; Install and maintain the performance of the database servers; Develop processes of optimizing data and security;
- Manage database access;
- Performance tuning of the database system;
- Performance of database backup and recovery and troubleshooting in case of any problems;
- Install, upgrade and manage database applications;
- Perform data extraction, transformation and loading;
- Liaise closely with the operations manager and other support and operations staff;
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- The candidate should have a relevant Information and database management degree with a minimum of 1-year work experience preferably in the NGO sector;
- Candidates who do not meet the requirements but have the relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position they are applying for in the subject line. Masvingo Province candidates will be given first preference. PLEASE NOTE THAT SHORTLISTING WILL BE DONE ON A ROLLING BASIS AND THEREFORE APPLICATIONS MIGHT CLOSE BEFORE THE DUE DATE IF A SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS FOUND. Deadline: 27 July 2021 (COB)