In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Data Capturer (50%)
Data Capturer (50%): Sickle Hemoglobinopathy reseArch in Zimbabwe (SHAZ)
Deadline: 30 June 2021
The Sickle Hemoglobinopathy reseArch in Zimbabwe (SHAZ) project to be implemented at Parirenyatwa hospital in collaboration with University Teaching Hospital (UTH) in Zambia seeks to conduct research in Sickle Cell disease (SCD) and establish sustainable infrastructure and operation aimed at addressing the paucity of data that currently exists as well as improving standards of care for SCD in these two countries. The program intends to recruit the above-mentioned position which is integral for spearheading the activities in Zimbabwe.
The Data Capturer will be responsible for ensuring that data collected by clinicians and researchers are accurately and timeously entered into the database complying with SOPs of the site, Clinical Coordinating Centre and SADaCC. Specifically, the DC will be performing the following:
- Gather and verify data from hard copies data sources;
- Timeous entry of data from paper forms into the SCD registry;
- Check for any possible data errors before entry into the system;
- Timeous entry of data queries; Ensure confidentiality of data before, during and after entry into the system; Ensure data security and safety through compliance with agreed protocols and SOPs including remote backup;
- File all documents and hard copies used as data sources.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Diploma or degree in Computers;
- Degree in Business or Social sciences with training in computer packages;
- Training in databases, REDCap, Microsoft word and excel is a necessity;
- At least 1-year experience in a similar role;
- Excellent analytical skills; Attention to detail.
Potential candidates should apply to the Program Coordinator at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates should attach a cover letter and current copy of the curriculum vitae.